The college complies with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). We do not release or disclose the contents of your educational records without your written consent. An academic record includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Admission and Registration Records
- Transcript Information
- Financial Aid Records
- Disciplinary Records
- Tuition Amounts
- Your Student ID Number
The law allows us to release Directory Information without your consent under some circumstances. These circumstances include:
- School officials with legitimate educational interest;
- Other schools to which a student is transferring;
- Specified officials for audit or evaluation purposes;
- Appropriate parties in connection with financial aid to a student;
- Organizations conducting certain studies for or on behalf of the school;
- Accrediting organizations;
- To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena;
- Appropriate officials in cases of health and safety emergencies; and
- State and local authorities, within a juvenile justice system, pursuant to specific State law.
- Contact information and age is also released to Military Recruiters as required under the Solomon Act.
Directory information includes the following:
- Student's name
- Major field of study
- Enrollment status (full-time or part-time)
- Dates of attendance
- Participation in officially recognized sports
- Degrees or certificate earned
- Term degree or certificate awarded
Your Rights as a Student
- You have the right to block the release of Directory Information.
- You have the right to inspect your educational records.
- You have the right to request a copy of your educational records.
- You have the right to ask that a correction be made to your educational records if you believe the information contained in the records is incorrect.
The following forms pertain to release of your educational records. They can also be found under Forms in the menu to the right.
- FERPA – Release of Records, Student Form
- FERPA – Release of Records, Parent Form
- Disclosure of Directory Information form
FERPA for Parents, Families, and Friends
To better support you, we're happy to refer you to some online resources below.