NOTICE: We’re now live!
We launched ctcLink — a new self-service portal and mobile app — to better serve our
students. Activate your account now!
Please note: Due to a system-wide upgrade, the class schedule search tool and tile will be unavailable Sat. Feb. 27 from 5 p.m. through midnight.
How it works:
- Students add and drop classes throughout the registration period. Classes that reach capacity (meaning they have filled) are closed to enrollment.
- Students who wish to register for a class that has reached capacity are given the option of placing their names on the waitlist for that class.
- As spots become available, students are moved from the waitlist into the class.
- An email notification is sent to students using their EdMail email account letting them know that they were successfully enrolled for the waitlisted class.
- See our Tuition Deadlines page to make sure you pay by the deadline.
Other Important Notes:
- You can view your waitlist status, or remove yourself from a waitlist, by using the Waitlist Information login page.
- If you have a hold on your account that prevents registration, and if you are then at the top of a waitlist for a reopened class, we'll send you an email notifying you of the hold and giving you 24 hours to reply to our email. If we don't hear from you by then, we'll move you to the bottom of the waitlist as you'd otherwise be preventing other students from moving up the waitlist.
- You cannot register for more than one section of the same course. If you previously registered for a different section of your waitlisted class, you must drop it immediately or risk withdrawal from the waitlisted class.
- You are generally limited to two class waitlists at a time.
- However, if you are registered for one class but want a different section of the same course, you are limited to one waitlist for that course.
- At their discretion, instructors may give permission to overload a waitlisted class, provided that students are given permission in the order they appear on the waitlist.
- Do not contact the instructor prior to the start of the quarter to inquire about registering as an overload for a class that has a waitlist.
- Not all campus courses have a waitlist option.
What to do once the quarter begins:
After the third day of the quarter, waitlists are shut down and students are no longer moved into open slots. If you are on a waitlist and were not successfully moved into the class you want, take the following steps:
- You must go to the first class meeting or, for online classes, contact the instructor via EdMail email on the first day of the quarter if you still want to register for the class.
- The instructor will use the waitlist to prioritize students who want to register. If you fail to show up for class or contact the instructor, the next person on the waitlist may take the spot if an opening occurs.