All awards are offered with the assumption of full time enrollment (12 credits or more). You are NOT required to attend school full-time. Most financial aid awards are adjusted for part-time enrollment. If you are enrolled for less than full time (12 credits or more) then you must submit an Information Change Form at least 7-10 days prior to the start of the quarter to avoid a delay in receiving your funds.
Adjustment of Grants* for Enrollment Levels (approximate):
- 12 credits or more: 100%
- 9-11 credits: 75%
- 6-8 credits: 50%
- 1-5 credits: 25%
*Loans or Workstudy typically do not adjust down as long as you are within your cost of attendance for that quarter.
Minimum Credit Requirements Per Quarter*:
- Direct Loans: Must be enrolled for at least 6 credits
- WA College Grant: Minimum 3 credits (also includes College Bound Scholarship)
- Edmonds College Grant or Tuition Waiver: Minimum 3 credits
- Other Grants/Scholarships: Determined by funding program or scholarship donor
- Workstudy: Minimum 6 credits
*All credits used for funding level must be required for current degree at Edmonds College.
**If you are on an academic plan, you must notify Financial Aid of any changes to your approved plan before funds are disbursed or you may owe a repayment of funds.
Your class schedule must be finalized by the 10th* day of the quarter (last day to drop without transcript entry), also referred to as the Financial Aid Census date.
- Financial Aid awards cannot be adjusted up or down after this date.
- If you drop classes on or before the the census day of the quarter, and you have already received funds, you may owe funds back to financial aid and/or be placed on warning or termination.
- If a class is canceled or you do not attend a class, you may also owe a repayment of funds.
- If you add a class after the census day, you will have to pay for any additional tuition
and fee charges out of pocket.
*The Financial Aid census day change to 10th day begins Summer 2020 (July 1, 2020).