We’re now live!
We launched ctcLink — a new self-service portal and mobile app — to better serve our students. Activate your account now!
NOTICE: Due to system upgrades, ctcLink will be down 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, July 31, 2021.
In accordance with WAC 131-12-010 and Edmonds College policy, applicants must be over the age of 18, or have a high school diploma or GED, to be admitted to the college.
Special programs, also referred to as student enrollment options programs under WAC 131-12-010 and International Student programs, may allow applicants under the age of 18 to be admitted to Edmonds College. These applicants are governed under the rules and regulations of the following programs:
- Running Start
- Title III of the Adult Education Program
- EdCAP and other enrollment options programs
- International Students – underage international students must follow the admission and eligibility requirements set forth by the Office of International Programs Division.
Exceptions for Underage Students
Applicants ages 16 and 17
High school students, including home schooled students, or other applicants ages 16 or 17 who do not have a high school diploma or GED, are admitted to Edmonds College once the following conditions are met:
- Complete the Underage Admission Request form.
- Complete the School District Enrollment Release form, or obtain a form from the high school or district office.
- This form must be newly completed and submitted each quarter.
- Home School students do not complete this step. Rather, please provide a copy of the documentation submitted to the state or district office indicating your parent or guardian’s intent to home school you.
- Complete the college’s High School Student Application process, including assessment testing when appropriate.
- Complete steps 1-3 above by the first day of the quarter in which enrollment is desired.
Underage applicants who are not admitted under the special programs option, and who do not have a high school diploma or GED, are required to register during open enrollment.
Applicants under the age of 16
Applicants under the age of 16 who do not have a high school diploma or GED are not allowed to enroll for classes at Edmonds College. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis by the Underage Admissions Coordinator, or other designee, once the following conditions are met:
- A parent or guardian must submit a letter describing the reason an exception should be made.
- A parent or guardian, and the student applicant must meet with the Underage Admissions Coordinator, or other designee.
- Complete requirements 1–4 listed under Applicants ages 16 and 17.
Underage applicants who are not admitted under the special programs options, and who do not have a high school diploma or GED, are required to register during open enrollment.
Please note that in cases where a student is below the age of 16 but has already earned a high school diploma or GED, the student does not need to meet with the Underage Admissions Coordinator, provided they submit their high school diploma or GED Certificate to the Enrollment Services office at the time of application.