Edmonds College Logo
Posted July 8 - Serving and supporting students and the community remotely. Please do not come to campus unless you have an in-person class or a child at the Center for Families.
EdMail accounts will be retired on Aug. 31. Click here to learn more and next steps.
COVID-19 updates | Summer 2021 Back to School Guide | Tips for learning online | Center for Families and Housing are open!

Visa Holders and Undocumented Applicant Admission

We’re now live!

We launched ctcLink — a new self-service portal and mobile app — to better serve our students. Activate your account now!

NOTICE: Due to system upgrades, ctcLink will be down 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, July 31, 2021.

Visa Holders

You must go through the Office of International Programs Office to apply for Admission if you hold one of the following VISA Types:

  • B – Temporary visitor for business or pleasure
  • F – Alien applicants (academic)
  • J – Exchange visitors
  • M – Alien applicants (non-academic)
  • TN – Treaty traders

Follow the regular Admission process if you hold one of the following VISA Types:

  • A – Officials of foreign governments
  • E – Treaty aliens
  • G – International Organization Aliens
  • H – Temporary workers
  • I – Representatives of foreign information media
  • L – Intercompany transferees
  • K – Fiancées and fiancés of citizens
  • R – Religious workers

Follow the regular Admission process if you fall under one of the following categories:

  • All green card holders (LPR)
  • Refugee
  • Undocumented Alien

Undocumented Applicants (HB 1079)

Effective July 1, 2003, Washington State law changed the definition of a “resident student” to include undocumented students as eligible to pay resident tuition if specific conditions were met. These conditions are:

  • Resided in the State of Washington for three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school, OR
  • Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma (GED), and resided in the State of Washington for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent of a high school diploma 


  • Has resided continuously in the State of Washington since earning a high school diploma or its equivalent, AND
  • Applicant signs an affidavit certifying the intent to become a permanent resident of the United States as soon as eligible to apply.

If you feel you qualify to pay resident tuition under HB 1079, complete the Admission Application and the Residency Affidavit (HB 1079) form, and submit both to the Enrollment Services Office.


NOTE: If you have an E or H visa when you apply for admission and are dependent on your parents and you qualify for HB1079, this status will not be revoked when you turn 21 when you are required to apply for an F1 visa. You must contact Enrollment Services and the Office of International Programs Office when this visa change occurs to avoid being charged a higher rate of tuition.


Your information is kept confidential and is not reported to any government agency, except total numbers for counting purposes.