Edmonds College Logo
Running Start

Running Start for Transfer

How does it work?

Take classes at the college that meet high school requirements and count toward a college degree, and will transfer to a four-year university. Students complete college-level course work that applies to an associate degree, or a bachelor's degree at a four-year university.

Classes that Transfer

Most of the courses you will take through Running Start to meet a high school graduation requirement will transfer to a university or college and can likely be applied towards a bachelor's degree. See Running Start staff for details.

Associates Degrees for Transfer

Classes you take through Running Start will likely apply towards an Edmonds College associate degrees for transfer. These degrees are designed to meet general education requirements for a bachelor's degree.

See the worksheet and list of classes that count towards the completion of the Associate of Arts – Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA). Other transfer degrees can be found here.

Stop by the Running Start office to talk to staff. We will be able to help you understand how all this works, and get you headed in the right direction in terms of selecting courses that transfer toward a transfer degree or bachelor's degree.

How Do I Enroll?

Visit Edmonds College and meet with Running Start staff, email or call. Students and parents are welcome. We can answer questions, help you get started on the application, and help you through the enrollment process.

If you are ready to enroll, go ahead and start the four steps on the Running Start Enrollment Page. Contact us at any point in the process if you have questions or need help.