Edmonds College Logo
Housing and Residence Life

Residence Halls Frequently Asked Questions 

How do I apply?

We need your Residence Hall Application and $275 application fee. You will find out 2 months before the start of quarter about your placement.

Apply Now

What are the eligibility requirements for living at the Residence Hall?

To qualify for residency in the Residence Hall, the student resident must:

  • Be throughout the term of the lease.
  • Be a registered student with Edmonds College or Central Washington University on the Edmonds College campus and enrolled in at least three of four quarters with a minimum of 12 credits per quarter OR registered as a student in a program approved by Edmonds College.

Why should I rent at the Residence Hall instead of sharing an apartment off-campus?

The benefits of living in a residence hall is that you will get to be the only one responsible for your own lease. If one or more of your roommates vacates the apartment, the resident manager is responsible for finding new roommates and you are not held responsible. It's better than living off campus with others because when you share an apartment off-campus, all roommates sign one lease and all are responsible. Another benefit of living in a Residence Hall is that rent include all utilities, parking, RA events and support, furniture, and lounge use. There is also internet, cable TV, and local phone service available in the game room. These would be additional costs when renting on your own.

How will I be placed in a specific apartment?

When you fill out your application, you will answer questions regarding your preferences, as well as specific information that will help us match you with other residents. Roommate requests will be honored whenever possible. However, these requests must be mutual. If a particular student is preferred as a roommate, then both residents should note their preferred roommates on the questionnaire.

What if my roommate moves out?

You won’t have to search for roommates. If your roommate leaves, you are not responsible for finding a new roommate; that is the responsibility of the Housing Director. If there is someone from another apartment that you would like to have move in with you, you both can talk to the Housing Director.

Are there ‘quiet hours’?

We have a 24 hour courtesy policy which all residents and their guests must adhere to. At all times, students must be respectful of their roommates, neighbors and the community.

Can I use my financial aid to pay my rent?

Yes; once a student's tuition has been paid, any remaining grant or loan money will pay directly to Housing.  The remaining aid will be given directly to the student.

Can I take out a student loan to help cover housing costs?

Yes; students may request loan assistance for housing costs. The request should be made at least a quarter in advance of the time the funds are needed. You may contact the financial aid office for specific information concerning your student loans.

What do I need to bring or purchase for my Residence Hall room/apartment?

  • Bedding (sheets, pillows, blankets, etc.) - or them purchase online and have them sent - see Linen section
  • Bath towels
  • Washcloths
  • Shower curtain (a modest one is given to each apartment, but you may want your own)
  • Bath mat
  • Bath robe
  • Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.)
  • Trash can
  • Cooking and eating supplies (pots, pans, dishes, cups, etc.)
  • Dish rack
  • Dish soap
  • Toaster/coffee maker
  • Sponges/dish towels
  • Ice trays
  • Television/VCR/DVD
  • Rug/door mat
  • Alarm clock
  • Clothes hangers
  • Desk lamp
  • Decorations
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Laundry supplies