Complete the following steps to get started in the Worker Retraining program. If you have not met with a Worker Retraining Specialist, please do so before starting the steps below. Contact Gina Certain (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Pendergraft (email@example.com) to start the process. We look forward to hearing from you!
Admissions and Registration
- Complete Admission Application
- Take Placement Test or request alternative assessment
- Schedule an advising appointment to complete an Academic Plan.
The Academic Plan is a quarter by quarter listing of the courses needed for your degree or certificate.
- Register for classes (how to register)
Approval to Attend Training - Employment Security
- Email Gina Certain (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Pendergraft (email@example.com)
to schedule an appointment with a WorkSource representative to complete Commissioner
Approved Training (CAT) and Training Benefits (TB) applications
- CAT: waives work search requirement while attending school full time (12 credits or more)
- TB: provides additional weeks of unemployment benefits
Paying for Tuition and Books - Worker Retraining
Worker Retraining tuition assistance is available for 1-2 quarters.
- Complete and submit the online form - Workforce Education Application along with:
- Academic Plan from step #3 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documentation of collecting unemployment benefits or exhausted unemployment benefits. See documentation examples
- Or documentation for being a displaced homemaker, vulnerable worker, or self employed now unemployed
Federal Financial Aid - Grants, Loans, and Work Study
- Complete FAFSA
- Check the ctcLink for additional document requirements
- Complete the Income Recalculation (calculates your eligibility based on current income information). Go to Financial Aid and click on "Forms."
In person hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Fridays: 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Zoom appointments available by request.
425.640.1433 | email@example.com | Mountlake Terrace Hall 130
425.640.1005 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mountlake Terrace Hall 130