Welcome back, Tritons!
The campus is now open to help you get ready for classes. Most offices will continue to have some virtual hours as well as in-person hours. Classes (online, hybrid, and face to face) begin on September 20. We can't wait to see you!
The WorkFirst team at Edmonds College believes in the Washington state goal for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients: "A job, a better job, a better life."
One of the best ways to reach this goal is through free education and training through WorkFirst.
The WorkFirst grant pays for tuition, books, and fees for classes for certificate programs. Students must be receiving TANF.
How to Apply
To be eligible for free WorkFirst education and training programs, an applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Currently receiving TANF (cash assistance from Department of Social and Health Services [DSHS])
- Have DSHS case manager approval to attend full-time vocational education
Call our WorkFirst office at 425.640.1686 to see if you qualify.
What is TANF?
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a cash grant from the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
For more information on how to apply for TANF or other support services from DSHS, see www.dshs.wa.gov or call DSHS at 1.877.501.2233.
What does WorkFirst at Edmonds College offer?
The WorkFirst grant pays for tuition, books, and fees for TANF recipients. It is designed to be linked to a specific career ladder and to lead to better skills and higher wages.
Accounting for Small Business
- Allied Health Education
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant | Clinical Lab Assistant | Health Unit Coordinator | Patient Care Technician | Nursing Assistant (CNA) | Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician | Phlebotomy Technician | Pharmacy Technician
- Business Information Technology
Accounting | Basic Office | Advanced Office | Medical Information Technology | Medical Office | Office Skills Technician
- Business Management
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Computer Information Systems
Desktop Support Specialist
- Culinary Arts
Baking | Basic Commercial | Basic Catering
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Washington Aerospace Training and Research (WATR) Center
Aerospace Electrical Assembly Mechanic | Aerospace Tooling
* If what you want to study is not listed, please contact Kama Lemay at 425.640.1909 or email@example.com.
- WorkFirst Education and Employment Readiness Class |
For more information, contact Penny Robins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solid Foundation Class | classes meet in two week sessions, for more information, contact Penny Robins at email@example.com
- WorkFirst GED Class | 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Thursday
For more information, contact Carolee Davis, GED instructor, at 425.640.1232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main line: 425.640.1686
Gateway Hall 106
6600 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA
Questions? Call Kama Lemay, WorkFirst Coordinator, at 425.640.1909.