The Study of Life
For the health and safety of our community, all college offices have moved services online through July 30. We will begin offering in-person services by appointment only Aug. 2 through Sept. 3.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check back for updates about services available online, by email, or phone. Summer quarter resources are available at edmonds.edu/summer2021. All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edmonds.edu/coronavirus.
Students Will Learn:
- An understanding and passion for the biological world,
- The value and importance of diverse organisms, and
- A responsibility for life-long learning and application of that learning as a scientifically informed citizen.
Dynamic, Diverse Classes
Whether you desire a rigorous background for life sciences, a foundation for health care-related careers or an excellent liberal arts education, our biology courses provide you with opportunities to learn in a student-centered environment.
You'll get hands-on laboratory and field experiences using investigation methods and experimental techniques that reflect the current state of biological science. In addition to traditional laboratory materials, you'll use DNA and protein electrophoresis, PCR, and other biotechnology equipment in our high-tech laboratories.
All biology courses include a laboratory section that meets once or twice a week.
Courses for Your Bachelor's Degree
We offer courses to help you pursue your bachelor's degree:
- Introductory biology classes for non-science majors (100 level courses)
- Rigorous, comprehensive courses for life-science majors (200 level courses)
Allied Health Education Programs
We offer high-quality prerequisite classes for students seeking careers in health care fields.