The Study of Life
Welcome back, Tritons!
The campus is now open to help you get ready for classes. Most offices will continue to have some virtual hours as well as in-person hours. Classes (online, hybrid, and face to face) begin on September 20. We can't wait to see you!
Students Will Learn:
- An understanding and passion for the biological world,
- The value and importance of diverse organisms, and
- A responsibility for life-long learning and application of that learning as a scientifically informed citizen.
Dynamic, Diverse Classes
Whether you desire a rigorous background for life sciences, a foundation for health care-related careers or an excellent liberal arts education, our biology courses provide you with opportunities to learn in a student-centered environment.
You'll get hands-on laboratory and field experiences using investigation methods and experimental techniques that reflect the current state of biological science. In addition to traditional laboratory materials, you'll use DNA and protein electrophoresis, PCR, and other biotechnology equipment in our high-tech laboratories.
All biology courses include a laboratory section that meets once or twice a week.
Courses for Your Bachelor's Degree
We offer courses to help you pursue your bachelor's degree:
- Introductory biology classes for non-science majors (100 level courses)
- Rigorous, comprehensive courses for life-science majors (200 level courses)
Allied Health Education Programs
We offer high-quality prerequisite classes for students seeking careers in health care fields.