Edmonds College Logo


Withdrawing from class is the process of formally dropping a class or classes after the quarter has started. Withdrawals after the 10th day of the quarter (8th day in summer quarter) result in a "W" grade on the transcript.

  • If you find it necessary to withdraw from a class, you may do so via a registration form and submit it to Enrollment Services.
  • If you leave the college without completing the process, you may receive an unofficial withdrawal ("V" grade) or a grade based solely on work accomplished prior to leaving the class. It is the student's responsibility to withdraw from any unwanted classes in accordance with published campus deadlines. If you withdraw online, always print a copy of your schedule to ensure you have successfully been withdrawn from your class or classes by going to Get Your Schedule.
  • If a student is unable to complete the school term due to extreme or unusual circumstances beyond their control, the student may be eligible for a Medical or Exception to Policy withdrawal. Withdrawals of this nature will allow the removal, or prevent the entry of failing grades on the transcript. A full or partial refund of tuition and fees may be approved and a "W" grade will appear on the student's transcript. The Medical Withdrawal procedures and form may be obtained from Enrollment Services or downloaded here.

Also see: Adding/Dropping Classes