Edmonds College Logo
Testing and Assessment Services

Transcripts from Other Institutions

In order to be used for testing exemption, courses must be transferable and you must have earned a C (2.0) or higher. The following conditions will exempt a student from testing, but may not provide clearance for enrollment into specific English, Math or Reading classes. 

Unofficial transcripts (or photo copies) are acceptable as long as they include:

  • Your full legal name
  • Edmonds College student ID number
  • The name of the school you attended
  • Your grades and GPA

We will NOT accept a cut and pasted version. (Meaning, please print it directly from your school’s student information system website rather than cutting and pasting it into a Word document). Please note, we will need a transcript from each school you attended.

Please note: If you wish to seek placement using your transcripts, please bring a copy of your transcript (unofficial copies are OK) to the Testing and Assessment Services office (TAS), located in MLT Hall, room 152. Transcripts submitted via third parties (such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse) will not be automatically given placement. You can also send your transcripts to TAS via email. Please remember to include a copy of your picture ID in your email to TAS if you wish to seek placement.

Please note that a bachelor's degree will confer placement into Math&107, regardless of when the degree was completed. 

WA State transcript: 

  • In-Person: Students are required to bring a photo ID and unofficial copies of test results or transcripts to the Testing and Assessment Services at Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 152.
  • Email: Scan to PDF a copy of your ID and unofficial transcripts to testingcenter@edmonds.edu

Out of State transcript:

Please be aware that this placement is for prerequisite checking only.  We are checking primarily for ENGL& 101 and your Math level only. 

If your placement does not meet the minimum prerequisites for the course you’d like to take, you will need to contact the division in charge of that course.

If you wish to use credits from another college or the AP/IB tests toward your program, you will need to submit official transcripts, and apply for an evaluation online using the GATE credential evaluation system.