Edmonds College Logo
Veterans Resource Center

Academic Advising and Student success

Academic Advising Resources

Veterans, active military personnel, and family members can access academic advising and benefits support via the Veterans Success Specialist. Students can also access additional academic resources and support services. Check out the links below or contact the VRC for more information on programs or how to connect with resources.

The VRC provides 1-1 academic advising and assistance for students and family members. The Veterans Success Specialist can provide academic advising support, information about other veterans benefits, and assist with campus resources. New students should complete the VRC New Student Checklist and contact the VRC with questions.

Applying for admission  |  Areas of study  |  Registering for classes  |  Transfer credits  |  Career and employment exploration  | Study/learning skills | Student support referrals

In addition to general academic advising, the college encourages students to connect with faculty advisors in their program of study. Contact information and additional resources can be accessed via Edmonds College’s list of academic departments. Inquire with departments for more information on services.

Program requirements  |  Evaluate prior education and experience | Career development | Subject matter expert support | Professional advisory committees

In addition to the Veterans Success Specialist, students can access additional academic advising resources on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall in the Advising Resource Center (ARC). Services offered include weekly information sessions for Edmonds College programs of study, university transfer assistance, and other advising resources. For more information, visit Edmonds College Academic Advising online.

Quarterly Class Schedule 

The quarterly class schedule allows you to search and register for classes. All classes are assigned a unique four-digit item number that you will use to register. Search for classes by subject (biology, physics, history, etc.) to view all the classes in that department.

  1. After you locate a class,select the blue box with the item number on the left side 
  2. If there are seats available, select "register" in the pop-up box that appears and follow the login prompts (SID, pin, academic quarter)
  3. Answer the question prompts (if necessary) 
  4. On the registration screen, enter the four-digit item number(s) in the white boxes for each individual class that you would like to take 
  5. Once you have entered item number(s), select the "add/drop" icon to enroll or drop classes
  6. Students may view or print your schedule online after logging in (SID and pin)

Note: Online registration ends shortly after each quarter begins

Edmonds College Bookstore

Current Students Page

  • Students can access to EdMail (student email), Canvas, and the quarterly class schedule
  • Students are assigned an EdMail account within 24-48 hours of registering for any class
  • Login and check your EdMail and Canvas accounts regularly (required of all students)

Events Calendar

  • The events calendar displays information about activities happening on-campus
  • Information about transfer fairs, career fairs, and many other events is located on the calendar

Academic Calendar

  • The academic calendar lists important dates and useful information
  • Items include when classes start, deadlines, college closures, and others
  • Calendars are listed by quarter (summer, fall, winter, spring)
  • Check the academic calendar regularly

Areas of Study

Transfer Programs

Edmonds College transfer degrees are designed to fulfill general education requirements and/or prerequisite classes for specific majors/fields of study at four-year colleges and universities. Programs typically consist of 90-100 credits and generally require at least two years of study (if prior credits are not transferred to Edmonds College). Depending on placement scores or prior credits, students may need to complete additional English and math prerequisite classes. Transfer programs and prerequisite classes are eligible for VA education benefits and federal financial aid.

Professional Training Programs

Edmonds College professional training programs are designed for specific jobs or to improve existing professional skills. Faculty members work together with professional advisory committees to align coursework with changes in business and industry to create links from education to employment. Some programs require prerequisite courses in English, math, or the sciences. Associate of Technical Arts (ATA) programs, certificates, and prerequisite classes are eligible for VA education benefits, federal financial aid, and Worker Retraining funding and services. Professional/Technical programs are not designed to transfer to four-year programs of study (unless indicated).

Associate in Arts (AA) Degrees

If you are undecided or are pursuing a field of study not offered as an MRP, AS-T, or AAS-T, the “Associate of Arts – Direct Transfer Agreement” degree allows students to tailor their coursework to fulfill general education requirements and specific prerequisites for transfer to four-year programs (also known as a “general transfer AA”).

Major Related Program (MRP) Degrees

Edmonds College also offers Major Related Program (MRP) associates degrees in business, biology, pre-nursing, music, and some science fields. MRP degrees have precise requirements to prepare students for transfer into specific majors at four-year colleges and universities.

Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) Degrees

Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) degrees are designed for students who want to major in engineering or the sciences. These degrees recognize that science majors will often need to take more science in the first two years of college and take additional general education requirements after transferring. Most coursework is in mathematics, science, and engineering, but the curriculum also includes other general education requirements.

Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) Degrees

Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degrees provide students with technical courses required for job preparation; in addition to some college-level general education classes. AAS-T degrees prepare graduates for jobs requiring two years of training and offer limited transfer options to four-year programs.

Associate of Technical Arts (ATA) Degrees

ATA degrees typically consist of 90 credits and at least two years of study. Some ATA programs allow students to earn certificates as part of their training. Some credits may transfer to four-year colleges or universities.

Certificate Programs

Certificate programs are shorter programs, generally consisting of less than 90 credits. Many programs require at least one year of study or less. Some certificate programs may be completed as part of an ATA program. Most credits will not transfer to four-year colleges or universities.

Certificate of Completion (CoC) Programs

CoCs are professional-technical programs targeted to help students gain skills in a specific area. Some CoCs can be applied to certificates or degrees. CoCs are less than 20 credits and can be completed in less than one year. CoCs are not eligible for federal financial aid and most are not covered by VA education benefits. Most CoC credits will not transfer to four-year colleges or universities.

The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies (CYFS), degree builds on professional-technical associate’s degrees that provide workplace skills, and creates a pathway to expanded career opportunities. Prior to applying for the BAS-CYFS degree, students will have completed an Associate in Applied Science-Transfer degree, or equivalent, in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Addiction Studies, or Family Support Studies. The BAS program is eligible for federal financial aid and VA education benefits.

For more information, contact the Child, Youth, and Family Studies program.

Academic Support Resources and Services

In addition to veterans services, students may also access additional Edmonds College resources. Check out the links below for information on academic support, technology on campus, personal and career development, and other resources to support your success.

Learning Support Center

The LSC provides tutoring in math, writing, and a variety of other subjects, free to Edmonds College students. Drop in tutoring, writing skills development, and online tutoring services are available. Inquire directly about other services.

Note: Post 9/11 students may be eligible for the VA Tutorial Assistance program

STEM Open Study Room

For students pursuing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs, Edmonds College offers the STEM Open Study Room (Snohomish Hall 126) to provide academic and tutoring support. Students can receive tutoring and support for physics, biology, chemistry, various levels of math, and other subjects. Check out the Open Study Room schedule.

Computer Labs

In addition to VRC computers, there are several other computer labs located on campus for students to access. Available for use are printing services, PC and Mac computers, and technical support for various technology services.


Edmonds College student can access private rooms, computers, research databases, and other services for students. The Edmonds College Library is located directly above the VRC, on the third floor of Lynnwood Hall.

Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD)

The SSD office provides students with a variety of tools and services designed to help students overcome barriers to academic success. Services include ebooks, testing accommodations, assistive technology, tutoring and others. A formal medical diagnosis is not required to access services.

Counseling and Resource Center

The Counseling and Resource Center at Edmonds College offers free and personalized support to students. Services include academic and career exploration, personal counseling, and others. Access the link above for more information or to schedule an appointment.

Transferring to a four-year college or university after Edmonds College can seem like a daunting task. However, with some good planning and knowledge, the process can be very easy to understand. Check out the links below to get a better idea of how transferring works and what you need to do. Contact the Veterans Success Specialist (VSS) with any questions related to transferring.

Within your first 30 completed credits, it is important to begin exploring transfer programs, schools, and options, in order to make the best decision for your transfer path. The more familiar you are with transferring now, the easier it will be later on.

After completing 45 credits, students should begin contacting schools, gathering relevant application materials (transcripts, personal statement, résumé, letters of reference, etc.) Transfer schools may have different and varying admission requirements depending on the school and/or program of study.

  • Edmonds College hosts Transfer Fairs throughout the year to help students connect with transfer schools, programs, and admissions advisors
  • Transfer fair information is located on the Events Calendar
  • Students are encouraged to contact schools directly

After completing 60 credits, students should be finalizing transfer applications and materials. Preparing for transfer earlier allows you to continue your education, with minimal disruptions. Issues that can create problems when transferring are incomplete applications, incorrect materials/documents, missed deadlines, and others. To avoid problems when transferring, get started early!

  • After registering for your final quarter of classes at Edmonds College, students should apply for graduation.
  • Finalize materials and submit applications for transfer school(s)
  • Some schools may require early application submission (1 year out in some cases)

After you have completed your Edmonds College program of study (typically around 90 credits), be sure to finalize and close out any remaining issues at Edmonds College. Plan ahead!