Edmonds College Logo
Veterans Resource Center

Active/reserve students

Active duty personnel, reservists, and dependents are welcome to utilize Veterans Resource Center (VRC) services including academic advising, benefits counseling, and other resources, at any time. No matter if you are still on active duty, in the reserves, guard, or separating soon, the VRC is here to assist in any way possible. If you have questions or require assistance, contact the VRC for more information, campus maps and directions.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill .

Active duty military personnel and dependents are eligible for resident tuition rates while attending Edmonds College, regardless of home of record. To receive residency status for the purposes of tuition, military personnel and dependents must provide the following documents to Enrollment Services in Lynnwood Hall:

  1. Copy of military orders to the state of Washington
  2. Show current/valid military ID card to Enrollment Services staff (no copy needed)

For more information on eligibility visit RCW 28B.15.012

Active duty personnel may access their VA education benefits while on active duty. However, active military personnel are not eligible for Post 9/11 housing stipends or BAH payments. Active duty service members are eligible for payment of tuition and text book allowances under Post 9/11. For questions about your benefits, contact the VA Certifying Official, or contact VA directly.

Active duty, reservist, and guard personnel may be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA) via their individual branch of service while attending Edmonds College. Eligibility requirements vary and applications must be submitted through your branch of service. Important note:  All service members wishing to use Tuition Assistance must recieve prior approval from their Education Services Officer (ESO) or counselor prior to enrolling in classes.  Once you have obtained written approval (typically in the form of a voucher), present the voucher to the Cashiers' Office located on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall in order to have the funds applied to your tuition and fees.  Inquire with your current unit or access the links below for more information and applications. Tuition payments can be arranged by contacting the Edmonds College Cashiers office.


Tuition Assistance overview (military.com)

You must be on active duty to transfer benefits to eligible dependents and spouses. For information or questions, visit the vets.gov website or contact VA directly.

Students that receive deployment orders during a quarter of study and are unable to complete the quarter are eligible for withdrawal from classes and a 100% refund of tuition and fees. If this happens to you, please submit the following documents to Enrollment Services in Lynnwood Hall:

  1. Full copy of deployment/activation orders
  2. Completed registration form indicating the classes you are withdrawing from
  3. Brief letter explaining your need to withdraw from classes

If you are receiving state or federal financial aid, there is no penalty associated with your withdrawal. Provide Edmonds College Financial Aid with a copy of your deployment orders and a brief letter explaining why you must withdraw. You may return in good academic standing at a later time.

For more information visit WAC 478-160-295 and RCW 28B.10.270