Edmonds College Logo
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) 2021

Due to the risks associated with COVID-19, Edmonds College Free Tax Prep Site will be 100% virtual and by video appointment only this year.  DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS.

CLOSED: Edmonds College 2021 Free Tax Preparation Campaign

Thank you for your interest in the VITA Program. We are no longer accepting new appointments.  

This site is closed for the 2020 tax season.

If you are a current client, please communicate with us through your existing ticket.
We hope to see you next year. Please check back in February 2022 for more information.


Edmonds College is offering free income tax return preparation and e-filing to U.S. citizens and residents by appointment. This service is sponsored by an IRS program called, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Volunteers are taught using IRS training guidelines and are IRS certified to provide confidential tax preparation to qualified taxpayers. Last year, Edmonds College helped more than 500 campus and community members file their tax returns.

This service is by video appointment only. All appointments will be by computer video meeting, no in person meetings will be held.




 Please note that Social Security Cards will still be required. We are required to see Social Security Cards for everyone listed on the tax return.  Click here for a full list documents to bring with you.

What we can't do:

  • Household income over $60,000,
  • Complicated investment schedules,
  • Returns involving crypto currencies
  • Rental income,
  • Partnerships, S-Corps, Estates, Trusts, or Farms,
  • Self-employed with depreciable property or Home office,
  • Married filing separate
  • Military income
  • International Homestay, and
  • International Students

You will need:

  • A copy of last year's tax return (if available),
  • government issued picture ID,
  • social security cards for all family members listed on the tax return,
  • W-2 forms,
  • 1099 and 1098 forms,
  • unemployment compensation statements,
  • child care expenses (including provider name, address and employer number), 
  • information for college expenses.
  • Form 1095-A, -B, or -C if anyone on your return had health insurance for any part of 2020. REQUIRED.
  • Mortgage interest and property tax statements, if you own a home.
  • Bank account number for direct deposit.

Tax forms will be provided.


The Edmonds VITA Team