Learn Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
For the health and safety of our community, the college is serving students and the community remotely through July 1, pending further announcements.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check our Contact Us page for access to services available online, by email, Zoom, or phone.
EC Summer quarter classes start on July 6. All ELA (ESL) classes will be online.
If you are interested in fall quarter classes (September 20), please check the website in the middle of August for registration details.
All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
English Language Acquisition (ELA; formerly ABE ESL) provides ELA (ESL) classes to non-native-English-speaking immigrants, refugees, and citizens.
Tuition is $25 per quarter.
How to Get Started
New and returning students, sign up for a Testing and Advising Orientation Session below.
If you are in the United States with an F, M, TN, J or B visa, call Office of International Programs at 425.640.1518 for information about other ESL programs.
- Six levels - Beginning Literacy through Advanced
- Online day, afternoon and evening classes
- ELA (ESL) Skills Lab - for students in Level 1-4
- ELA (ESL) Language Lab - for students in Level 4-6
- Preparation for College - We offer advanced EAL (ESL) classes to help you prepare for college classes in subjects like Allied Health, and Business. Math classes are also available for students in levels 4 and above. We also have a Transitions Case Manager who can help you plan for college, learn what steps you need to take to start college, and give you information about Financial Aid. Learn more about taking college classes after ELA (ESL) and how to meet with the Transitions Case Manager.