Campus alert May 31: Student robbed and stabbed on campus
Update via Lynnwood Police Department: There is a change to the suspect’s description and the victim has been treated and released from the hospital.
A 22-year-old Lynnwood man, a student at Edmonds College in Lynnwood, was approached about 9:30 a.m., Tues., May 31 in the Alderwood Hall building at the college. The victim was stabbed and robbed of some cash by an unknown man. Anyone with information about this case should call Lynnwood Police Department at 425.670.5600.
The victim yelled for help and some students and teachers nearby came out to help and called 911. The suspect was seen fleeing the scene on foot, away from the campus, by witnesses. Lynnwood police responded and cordoned off the area for a K9 track.
The suspect is described as a thin, black male, in his early 20s with a shaved head or very short haircut. He was wearing a black shirt and a blue and white plaid jacket.
The victim was transported to Swedish Edmonds Hospital (Formerly Stevens Hospital) with non-life-threatening injuries where he was treated and released.
No buildings were evacuated or locked down. Police continue to investigate. Anyone with information about this case should call Lynnwood Police Department at 425.670.5600.
Safety and Security at Edmonds CC
- This is the first time in memory there has been an assault with a weapon on the Edmonds College campus.
- The college has a Security Office. Three uniformed security officers as well as a part-time student security officer typically patrol the college campus while classes are in session.
- Security patrols around the clock include hourly checks of the college buildings and grounds.
- Security daytime and swing shifts will have increased building patrols this week.
- Students and employees are always encouraged to be aware of their surroundings.
- In the event of an emergency on campus, call 911. To reach security call, 425.754.0154 or x1501 on campus.
- You can also reach security via any of the nine yellow call boxes on campus by pushing the red help button.
The center in Mountlake Terrace Hall 145 provides brief counseling on a wide variety of topics and also has a comprehensive list of resources and referrals to the greater community.
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Appointments can be made with a professional counselor by calling 425.640.1358.