Student Services We Offer
The Center for Student Cultural Diversity & Inclusion is designed by students, for students, and with students' interests. The Center is a safe and welcoming space that embraces and lives for diversity, upkept with friendly staff, and holds multiple resources for students. We are conveniently located on the first floor of Brier Hall, next to the bookstore.
- We provide information on how to start a club, how to prepare for an event, and allow marketing to be posted for folks to see. Let us know if you want to collaborate on an event to help promote diversity and awareness.
- Stationed computers that is set up for students to do homework, Internet research, job searches, and more with updated and new software.
- Laptop and Chrome Book rentals that are available for free 3-hour check out times to current Edmonds College students
- Free printing program where students have a limit of 10 pages a week
Diversity + Promoting Cultural
Awareness and Advocacy
- Monthly Diversity Programming
- Quarterly diverse events with exciting diverse speakers and/or knowledgeable panelists
- Quarterly Cultural Film Series - highlighting cultural films
- Celebrations around diversity throughout the year
- Check-out our multicultural displays each month in The Center
- Information available on current diverse events in the community
- Conversation area and Safe Zone for students to discuss and explore diversity
Private room on second floor of Brier Hall for lactating mothers. Please see the Center for Student Engagement and Leadership (CSEL) in Brier 252 to receive the key from the CSEL Welcome Desk. The Lactation Room is available during posted operating hours for CSEL.
Advising and Coaching
The new manager, Eduardo M Torres, is in a new role called Student Success Coach where we has one-on-one check-ins with students to provide support, advising sessions to plan your next quarter/academic year, and aids with any writing essays for scholarships or college applications.
Quiet Reflection Room
We offer two private rooms during posted operating hours for students, faculty and staff. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please see the Center staff for more information.
Check out these items at The Center:
- Laptop Program: Check out laptops for 3-Hour sessions at a time
- Resource LIbrary: Hundreds of instructional books for many classes
- Calculator Rental Program: Rent a calculator for $20 for the quarter
- Printing Program: Print up to 10 pages a week for free (double-sided printing available)
Scholarship Information and Assistance
Students can get guidance and resource information to apply for scholarships to accomplish their academic goals. Come check out The Center and talk to our Manager/Student Success Coach Eduardo M Torres
We offer emergency access to food to students in need of help. We will also help with other available resources both on and off campus. Come see us - we want to help!