- Edmonds College
- Programs and Degrees
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree
- Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Engineering Technology
AMMET Application process
We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2023 cohort!
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE AMMET BAS APPLICATION FORM
April 28, 2023: First Consideration
June 30: Final Application Deadline
After July 28: Applications will be reviewed based on space availability
We admit students into the Advanced Manufacturing and Materials - Bachelor of Applied Science (AMMET-BAS) program through a holistic application evaluation. Admission is determined by reviewing several factors: coursework completed, grade point average (GPA), application essay (more information below), and work experience.
Prior to the start of the AMMET-BAS program you will have:
- Completed* an Associate of Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T), or equivalent, in one
of the following fields of study**:
- Materials Science
- Earned a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA and a minimum grade point of 2.0 in core courses in their field of study.
*Note: A completed AAS-T is not required to apply to the program. You can apply if you are scheduled to complete it by summer 2023.
**Note: If you are interested in the AMMET-BAS and do not have a similar degree, please schedule an appointment with our AMMET-BAS Program Manager to determine your eligibility. While there is a "typical" pathway into the program, we consider applications from students of various educational backgrounds.
You must submit an application essay of 500-1000 words (1-2 pages) that addresses the following prompts:
- How has your previous work and education experience prepared you for this program?
- How does this program align with your long-term career goals?
- This intensive hands-on program requires students to participate in labs, projects (individual and team), and video/book instruction. What is your plan to participate fully in the program?
Your application essay provides an opportunity for you to tell the application review committee about your past work, educational experience, career goals, and how they fit into the AMMET BAS program. The application essay will also assess your commitment to participating in the program.
Your application essay will be evaluated on the content of your written statement. To write a successful essay:
- Answer each essay prompt completely. Be sure to address each of them using details and examples of your experiences.
- Before you submit your application essay, review your work. Ensure your response is clear, concise, and representative of your goals, experiences, strengths, knowledge, and abilities.
The application essay is used in our review process to evaluate the following criteria:
- Ability to organize thoughts related to the prompt.
- Ability to express yourself clearly in writing (Note: Our review of the application will not grade or score spelling, punctuation, or grammar. However, you should take care in preparing your essay and check for mistakes.)
- Ability to write professionally and concisely.
We have developed an Application Essay Guide to help you construct an essay that will best share information with our admissions committee about your strengths as an applicant.
If you need assistance or support with your application essay, you may visit Edmonds College's Writing Center at the Learning Support Center or use eTutoring for online writing assistance. Non-Edmonds College students may email Jeremiah Roland at email@example.com for access to eTutoring.
- Meet with the AMMET Program Manager to determine eligibility.
- Apply to Edmonds College (Skip to Step 3 if you are a current Edmonds College Student)
- If you are currently enrolled at a Washington State Community or Technical College, please access your state application and add Edmonds College. This will prompt our Enrollment Services Office to activate your current ctcLink ID number for Edmonds College.
- If you have never enrolled at a Washington State Community or Technical College or
were enrolled prior to ctcLink, you will apply to Edmonds College as a new student. When completing the application, make the listed selection in each of the following fields:
- Program: Professional Technical
- Degree or Certificate I am seeing: Undecided Professional Tech
- If you are an international student, you will work with our Office of International Programs to determine eligibility. If you are eligible, you can apply to Edmonds College.
- Complete the Online AMMET-BAS Application Form.
- This application will collect information in the following sections: demographics, academic history, unofficial transcript(s), employment experience, and your application essay.
- Be prepared to upload the following to the application: unofficial transcript(s), resume, and application essay. Files in pdf format are preferred.
- Pay the $25.00 non-refundable application fee through ctcLink.
- Explore funding for you.
Contact the AMMET Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.