Edmonds Career Access Program (EdCAP) is a Washington State Open Doors program operating
in partnership with the Edmonds School District and Edmonds College. EdCAP provides
eligible 16-21 year old students with a variety of ways to meet their educational
Through EdCAP, students have the opportunity to earn:
- High School Diploma issued by Edmonds School District
- Professional-Technical Certificates
- Associate Degrees
Key Supports provided by EdCAP:
- free tuition, course fees, and books
- EdCAP college and career connection courses
- one-on-one case management and advising support
- career exploration and skill development
- support with next steps after graduation
Students are eligible if they meet the following criteria:
Note: Students with an active Individualized Education Plan (IEP) must be enrolled
in Edmonds School District to receive support services.
- Do not currently have a high school diploma (GEDs are OK)
- Currently live in Washington state
- Are at least 16 and not yet 21 on or before Sept. 1 of the school year they wish to
- Be significantly credit deficient or have a counselor recommendation stating that they are unlikely to graduate by the
age of 21.
Once students are eligible, they will remain eligible until:
- They are awarded a high school diploma
- They are awarded an associate degree
- August of the school year in which they turn 21 (for example, a student that turns 21 in July will age out the next month, August.
A student that turns 21 in September will age out the August of the next year)
Want a little more information or help applying?
Ready to apply now?
Join the Pre-college Zoom Lobby
(Mon.-Thurs., 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.)