Complete the following steps to get started in the Worker Retraining program. If you have not met with a Worker Retraining specialist, please do so before starting the steps below. Contact Gina Certain or Linda Pendergraft to start the process. We look forward to hearing from you!
Admissions and Registration
- Complete Admission Application
- Take Placement Test or request alternative assessment
- Schedule an advising appointment to complete an Academic Plan.
The Academic Plan is a quarter-by-quarter listing of the courses needed for your degree or certificate.
- Register for classes (how to register)
Paying for Tuition and Books - Worker Retraining
Worker Retraining tuition assistance is available for 1-2 quarters.
- Complete and submit the online form - Workforce Education Application along with:
Approval to Attend Training - Employment Security
- Email Gina Certain or Linda Pendergraft to schedule an appointment with a WorkSource representative to complete Commissioner
Approved Training (CAT) and Training Benefits (TB) applications.
- CAT: waives work search requirement while attending school full time (12 credits or more)
- TB: provides additional weeks of unemployment benefits
Federal Financial Aid - Grants, Loans, and Work Study
- Apply for financial aid by completing one of these applications:
- Complete the Income Recalculation (calculates your eligibility based on current income information). Go to Financial Aid and click on "Forms."
In person hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Zoom appointments available by request.