CHILD, YOUTH, AND FAMILY STUDIES
Enhance your career with an applied bachelor's degree!
If you want to gain advanced knowledge and skills for professional positions in educational settings for young children and social services programs for youth and families, the Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Degree in Child, Youth, and Family Studies at Edmonds College is for you. This degree is unique in its interdisciplinary model with an emphasis on family systems, equity, and social justice.
The Fall 2023 Cohort Application is now open!
What Does This Degree Look Like?
The Child, Youth, and Family Studies Bachelor of Applied Science (CYFS-BAS) degree is designed for those with professional-technical academic backgrounds who strive for career advancement, stronger skills, knowledge, and pathways to higher degree levels.
- Cohort Model, build relationships with your classmates
- Hybrid format, online and in person
- Classes twice a week from 6-9 p.m., 10 credits/quarter
- Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters
Additional General Education courses:
- Flexible time and modes of instruction based on individual student schedules
- Can be taken with CYFS courses, during summer quarters, and/or in a third year
What Do I Need Before Applying?
Many of our students have completed an Associate in Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T), or equivalent degree, in one of the following focus areas:
If you have an Associate of Technical Arts (ATA) degree, or similar, in one of the fields of study listed above, we encourage you to consult with the CYFS Program Manager to discuss whether additional courses are needed before applying.
- Federal Financial Aid
- Edmonds College Financial Aid Services
- Early Achievers Scholarship (Child Care Aware of Washington)
- For students with an Early Childhood Education background working at an Early Achievers site
- Tuition Waivers
- Washington State and educational employees may be eligible for a tuition waiver, as outlined in RCW 28B.15.558 of the Washington State Legislature. If you hope to use the tuition waiver for the CYFS-BAS program, please reach out to email@example.com for further discussion and details.
- Worker Retraining Program
- VA Education Benefits