If you’re new to the field of data analytics, our certificate of completion is designed
for you. You’ll learn the key components of data analysis, including data collection
and processing, hypothesis development and statistical analysis, data modeling, and
synthesis. You’ll also get the chance to apply your new skills through a project of
your choosing, which can be a great portfolio piece for your job search.
- Working knowledge of basic word processing and spreadsheet programs, such as MS Office
or Google Docs/Sheets
- Completion of a college-level pre-calculus or statistics class or instructor permission
- Associate degree in STEM or business fields or equivalent work experience or coursework
You will learn how to:
- Extract data from a database and use it to answer questions typical of data analysis
- Apply advanced features of a spreadsheet program to create charts and pivot tables,
conduct data matching, perform de-duplication, and find operations.
- Write code in a programming language commonly used by data analysts (such as R or
Python) to read data and process it. No programming experience is assumed.
- Identify business domains to which data analytics can be applied and translate business
questions into data questions.
- Employ basic statistical techniques for data analysis, including evaluating data with
summary statistics, explaining patterns in data using statistical concepts, and principles
of A/B testing.
- Apply the fundamentals of machine learning.
See program requirement sheet.
|Intro to Database Data Processing
|Intro to Statistical Analysis and Experimentation
|Intro to Machine Learning
|Intro to Data Processing with Scripting
|Intro to Data Visualization & Storytelling
*Students can choose either to complete courses in track A or track B.
Specializes in Data Analytics, C/C++, Java, and General CS Advising
425.640.1103 | email@example.com | ALD 240