Proctoring Make-up Tests
INSTRUCTOR - How to schedule a test
Please follow the following steps to schedule a make-up test for one of your student(s).
- Coordinate the test schedule and directions with the student(s).
- Complete and submit “Proctored Tests for Online Classes/Makeup Test” Request Form with the test materials to the Testing and Assessment Services preferably
24-48 hours before the scheduled test. You have two options for submitting this form:
- You can complete the request form, attach it to the test(s), and bring it to our office (or send it to us via campus mail).
- You can email the exam to our Print and Mail Center asking them to put the exams in our campus mail box.
- Email us the test instructions and student names in this case so we know to check
our campus mailbox.The Testing and Assessment Services will not make a hard copy of the exam if instructors
submit the exam in an electronic format.
- Testing and Assessment Services staff is responsible for administration and collection of exams. All other logistics regarding the exams are the responsibility of the instructors.
Limitations and Restrictions
There are certain limitations to the types of tests we can proctor and the number of students we can accomodate.
- We cannot be used to administer multiple versions of a test to a student or group of students
- We cannot be used to administer a test to an entire class. This restriction does not apply to online classes.
- We are happy to proctor any exam in paper or standard web page. However, Testing and Assessment Services cannot proctor any test that requires specific software or audio equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, Excel®, Office®, Word®, CDs, Headphones, Typing Speed test or Professional Certification.
STUDENTS - Taking a make-up testNo appointment is necessary to take your make-up test once your instructor has filed the request form. Make sure to check our web site for our hours to ensure you give yourself enough time to complete your exam.
- If students are taking a proctored exam that allows aides such as a calculator or scantron, notes, this is the student’s responsibility.
- Testing and Assessment Services will provide you with scratch paper and pencils.
- Babies and children are not permitted into the exam rooms at any time.
WHERE: We are located in Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 152. Get the campus map.
FEE: There is no FEE for administering Edmonds Community College Online/Make-up exams.
TEST PROCTORS: Your proctors are Kyle Heng, Yam Ho, Cathy Vo, Anna Sotolongo.