ready to Obtain Your Student Visa? here's what to do next!
Once you have received your I-20, you should follow the steps below to obtain an F-1 student visa to study at Edmonds College in the Seattle area.
1. Pay your SEVIS fee online.
- Click “Pay I-901 Fee”.
- Enter your “SEVIS ID," Last Name”, “First Name”, “Middle Name (if any)”, and “Date of Birth”.
Make sure to use the name as it appears on your I-20.
- When you are finished, click “Submit”.
- Print out the receipt for your visa interview.
2. Check your local U.S. embassy/consulate for the required documents for your visa interview and schedule an F-1 visa appointment.
3. Be ready to answer questions at the consulate.
- The U.S. consulate officers will want to know what your plans are for your education and what your plans are after your education.
- If necessary, bring diplomas and transcripts.
4. When you receive your student visa, make flight arrangements no later than the reported date shown on your I-20.
- Initial attendance students can enter the U.S. no earlier than 30 days prior to the school report date on your I-20.
5. If you are planning to live in the dormitory or with a host family, submit the housing application form and housing fee to the housing office.
- Please check the Housing website for the application, deadline dates, and airport pick up.
- Housing Questions? Contact: 425.640.1080 | email@example.com
6. When you arrive in the United States, you will need to present your I-20 to the immigration officer.
It is very important that you keep your I-20 and passport in a safe place.
7. Arrive on time to attend Orientation Week!
- During this orientation week, you will take a placement test, register for classes, and pay your tuition.
- You will also get to know other international students from other countries and become familiar with both Edmonds College and Seattle.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, student ID number or Date of Birth.