How to Apply
- Fill out the application. Please be sure your DSHS client ID or Social Security number is entered correctly on the application. The DSHS client ID can be found on the Basic Food award letter you received from DSHS. If you prefer to fill out a paper application, please come to Gateway Hall, Room 106 on Tuesdays or Thursdays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Fill out the BFET Release Clause
- Have your academic plan completed by advising.
Call us at 425.640.1686 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are eligible for BFET, we will contact you to set up an intake phone appointment. Intake appointments usually begin about 30 days before the start of the quarter. If your application is incomplete or not approved, you will be notified via the email your provided on your application.
If you need child care: There are some additional steps — and potentially another meeting — to certify your participation for child care.
- Apply for admission to Edmonds College and take the Accuplacer test.
- Choose any program of study below a bachelor's degree, except for Associate in Arts Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) degrees.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid — FAFSA. After you file the FAFSA, check with Financial Aid to determine what additional steps may be required.
- Complete all your financial aid paperwork even if recent deadlines have passed. BFET can help you with tuition and book awards until financial aid is available.