Edmonds College Logo
Basic Food Employment and Training

employment readiness opportunities

Support for students receiving federal food benefits from DSHS


  • Receiving federally issued Basic Food benefits 
  • Not receiving a Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) grant
  • Enrolled at Edmonds College
  • In program of study at Edmonds College below a Bachelor's degree, excluding General Studies associate degrees


Read our Frequently Asked Questions or call 425.640.1686 or email bfet@edmonds.edu.

We are available:

To schedule an appointment:  contact bfet@edmonds.edu

Gateway 106 Drop-in hours:  Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.

Drop-in hours from September 19-23: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.

Apply for Basic Food Benefits:

Call 1.877.501.2233 or visit WashingtonConnection Online

Financial Aid and Other Information

Grants: Federal Pell Grant and State Need Grant

Most students will qualify for two types of grants (which do not have to be paid back): the Federal Pell Grant and the State Needs Grant. Students who receive food benefits typically qualify for both grants. Low-interest subsidized student loans are also offered to offset a student’s basic needs, such as rent. Loans are part of the federal financial aid package, but they have to be paid back.

Federal Student Aid: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)

BFET requires all students, except GED, HS21+ and ESL students, to complete FAFSA. FAFSA application is online. Find out more at Student Financial Services.

BFET provides students with tuition and book support as they complete the financial aid process.

To apply for BFET, go to our "How To Apply" page.

All important information from the college, including BFET, will be sent via your Triton Email account.