Choosing a Major or Career
How Do I Choose a Career Path?
For a printable version of this step-by-step overview, see "What's My Career Path."
Online Career Research
- CIS / The Career Information System: access various career research and assessment tools (password available at the Counseling and Resource Center).
- Vocational Biographies: career-shadow up to 1,001 persons from across America.
- Washington Career Bridge: find the education and training you need to get the job you want.
- Workforce Explorer Washington: labor market and career planning information.
- Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges: Learn about Washington's community and technical colleges and take free inventories.
- O*Net: detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development, HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
- Career One Stop: Explore careers, look up salaries, take interest inventories, search for jobs, and much more.
***Please drop by the Counseling and Resource Center in Mountlake Terrace Hall 145 or call 425.640.1358 for assistance with your research or if you require a password/site key.***
Ready for an Internship or Job Search?
Contact the Career Action Center to help you with online job and internship listings, search assistance, and an academic internship program.
The Career Action Center also offers the Worker Retraining Program and Opportunity Grant to those seeking funding for career training.
You can contact the Career Action Center by calling 425.640.1256 or visiting Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 130.