The 2023 Commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 17, in Seaview Gymnasium.
Due to limited space in Seaview Gymnasium, and because we want to maximize tickets, there will be two ceremonies: 12 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Graduation and Commencement season is here! If you are graduating from Edmonds College this spring or summer (or finished your degree in summer 22, fall 22, or winter 23) and want to attend Commencement, please read this carefully.
Please follow these steps:
- Register for Commencement: The Commencement Ceremony will take place Saturday, June 17, 2023, at 12 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on the campus of Edmonds College in Seaview Gymnasium. You will need to pick a time and select the number of tickets you need. You can register online for commencement between now and Thursday, June 15, or register in person at the Center for Student Engagement & Leadership (CSEL)’s Welcome Desk (Brier 252, above the Bookstore). Again, the event is for students who have graduated anytime between Summer 2022 or plan to graduate through Summer 2023. For more information about the event, please visit the Commencement Ceremony website.
- Apply for Graduation: Do this if you have registered for your final classes to complete your degree or certificate this spring. If you are graduating summer quarter, you can still apply for graduation if you want to attend Commencement. There is no graduation fee, so we strongly encourage you to apply as soon as possible! (There is no guarantee that your name will be in the program if you apply for graduation after April 17, but you will still receive your diploma.)
Get your Triton Blue Caps & Gowns for sale at the College Bookstore (cost is $62.50 plus tax). Sizes are limited so it’s first come, first serve! Additional tassels, bling tassels, and keychains are also for sale! Make sure to ask a bookstore member for details.
Pick up your tickets (you will be asked to select the number you need) at the CSEL Front Desk before June 16 or at Commencement on June 17. More information on pick-up dates and times will come out in May.
Prospective graduates are highly recommended to RSVP as soon as possible; we will provide a limited number of tickets per graduate to invite friends and family to watch in person. In addition, a live stream link will be available closer to the date of the ceremony on this webpage.
During the ceremony, graduates can expect the following:
- Name & Degree Announced
- Receive Diploma Cover
- Attend Reception for Refreshments & Snacks
- Opportunity for Professional & Informal Photos
- Personal Congratulations by EC President Dr. Amit B. Singh
- Personal Congratulations by EC Board of Trustees, Faculty, & Staff
Tickets for commencement will be available at the CSEL front desk and at commencement.
Commencement Day Information
Graduates and guests: Please enter campus at the lights on 200th and 68th Ave W. Park in lots C, D, E and F. Campus Map
Graduates will meet at Hazel Miller Hall for check in and lineup. Noon graduates need to be on campus no later than 11:15 a.m.; 3:30 p.m. graduates no later than 2:45 p.m. Guests will find seating in Seaview Hall (please arrive at least 15 minutes early). Guests can either get their tickets from the graduates who have picked up them up at an earlier time, or at the ceremony. Guests that require ASL, please look for the section provided for this. Sections near bleachers will be provided for guests with mobility issues
Faculty and Staff: Please arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to each ceremony. Those sitting on the floor, bring your regalia and meet at Hazel Miller Hall for the processional that begins 10 minutes prior to each ceremony. Regalia can be picked up at the Bookstore the week prior to commencement or at Hazel Miller Hall on Saturday, June 17. Please return them after the ceremonies.
VIPs, PLT, BOT members: Check in at Seaview Hall, Classroom #101 (by the offices). No later than 11:15 a.m. Regalia will be there. Instructions on the processional will be provided there.
Volunteers: Check in at Seaview Hall, Aerobics Room (#119). Please wear comfortable shoes, dark blue or black pants with no rips, etc. Polo shirts will be provided.
Email Us: email@example.com
Once you sign up, please monitor your email and this website for updates.
2022 Commencement Ceremony