Recipes: Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
What you will need:
- 2 TBSP onion, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced or shredded
- ½ cup cabbage, diced or shredded
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 2/3 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 ½ cups tomato, diced
- 1 ½ quarts chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- Next 5 ingredients ½ tsp or to taste
- Black pepper
- dried oregano
- dried or fresh parsley
- granulated garlic
- dried basil
- 16 oz can white or kidney beans (with juice)
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 5 oz dry elbow macaroni
- Pre-cook macaroni, cool, set aside in refrigerator.
- In stock pot, combine first 7 ingredients, bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then simmer.
- Add spices and simmer together for 5 minutes.
- Add canned beans with juice, bring to boil again, then simmer for 5-10 minutes (until beans are tender).
- Add tomato paste, stir well, then add macaroni.
- Bring back to a boil one more time for 1 minute.
- Cool slightly, then serve and enjoy!