Students who meet the following criteria may be eligible for our reduced tuition program.
- The parent education class rate is $15.40.
- Adult High School students who are residents, 19 or older, and working toward a high school diploma, get tuition reduction only for classes fulfilling graduation requirements. The charge is approximately one-third of in-state tuition, and a waiver form is required from an advisor. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Individuals who are not permanent residents MAY qualify for resident tuition if they have
- Received a high school diploma, GED, or diploma equivalent before their first term at the college determining residency and
- Maintained a primary residence in Washington for at least 12 consecutive months immediately
before their first term at the college determining residency.
Those who meet both conditions can submit the required affidavit to the Enrollment Services Office.
- Eligible veterans or National Guard members
- A Washington resident for at least one year
- Active or reserve member of military or naval or National Guard called to active duty
- Served in active federal duty under either Title 10 or Title 32 of U.S. Code
- In a war or conflict fought on foreign soil or in international waters or in support of those that were
- If discharged, has received honorable discharge
- Copy of DD214 required – Member 4.
- OR -
Child and Spouse
- Of eligible veteran or National Guard member who became totally disabled
- Of eligible veteran or National Guard member determined to be a prisoner of war or missing in action
- Of eligible veteran or National Guard member who lost his/her life (surviving spouse loses education benefits on remarriage)
- Must be a Washington resident for at least one year.
- Other veterans or National Guard members
- A Washington resident for at least one year
- Did not serve on foreign soil or international waters nor in support of those that were
- Copy of DD 214 required
For more information about qualifications, contact the Veterans Resource Center for veteran's discounts, or the Enrollment Services Office.
Reduced Tuition for Space Available Registration
Beyond the reduced tuition program outlined above, senior citizens and Washington state and Edmonds College employees are also eligible for reduced tuition on classes that still have space available on the first day of classes.
Interested students cannot register themselves into classes. On or after the first day of the quarter, you must obtain instructor permission on a space-available basis. "Space-available" means that there must be a seat that would otherwise go unoccupied. If instructor’s permission is obtained before the first day of the quarter, it’ll be rejected and new permission must be obtained. Please note: if you enroll or waitlist before the first day of the quarter, you can’t use the tuition waiver.
If you email** the instructor to ask for permission, you may forward their response, along with the form (detailed further below) attached, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the email clearly mentions the exact class and its unique class number (e.g. “ENGL 101, class #12345”). You should also clarify that it’s for a space-available tuition waiver. You may also print out both the form and the email and submit them in person to the Enrollment Services Office, 1st floor Lynnwood Hall. Be aware that the waiver form must be completed each quarter.
These options and procedures apply to the following groups who are eligible to attend on a space-available basis:
- Senior citizens: may audit classes at a reduced rate (except self-supporting classes). To qualify, students must be 60 years of age by the first day of the quarter, qualify as a resident of Washington state, and register on a space-available basis with instructor’s permission (see above). The cost is $5 per course to audit, plus fees. Enrollment is limited to two courses per quarter. The Senior Citizen’s Reduced Tuition form is available online, and can be submitted to Enrollment Services (make sure instructor's permission is included). Classes cannot be applied toward a degree, certificate, or salary increase.
- Washington State and Edmonds College employees: (who meet eligibility requirements found under RCW 28B.15.588), may enroll for regularly listed classes (except self-supporting classes) on a space-available basis with instructor permission (see above). The cost is $25 per quarter, plus fees. Employment verification is required from your Human Resources Office. To ensure proper verification, use our State Employee Tuition Waiver Request form and submit it to Enrollment Services along with instructor's permission (preferably via email, otherwise you'll need a registration form as well).