Expand your career opportunities with Microsoft Office Specialist certifications.
The Business Information Technology department at Edmonds College offers courses designed to help students successfully pass the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams.
WORD, EXCEL®, POWERPOINT®, ACCESS®, OUTLOOK®, WORD EXPERT, EXCEL EXPERT
The Value of Certification
Microsoft Office Specialist is one of the leading certification programs in the world. More than 2 million MOS exams are taken every year in over 140 countries.
Demonstrate you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to productively use Microsoft Office. MOS enables you to tap the full features and functionality of the Microsoft Office system, resulting in heightened levels of individual performance, confidence, and differentiation.
- 96% of professionals use Microsoft Office at work.
- 97% of hiring managers feel credential holders have an advantage over those without.1
- 80% of recruiters say Microsoft Office skills validation is important.1
- 50% of individuals believe obtaining a certification makes them more marketable.2
1. Market Opportunity for MOS in Commercial Employment Research Study - Pearson Vue 2022 2. Intrepid survey
Edmonds College is an authorized Certiport testing center. Students can take Microsoft exams on campus for free!
Classes in the Office Applications Certificate are proficiency-based, which allow students to fast-forward through the material they already know. Classes are offered online with an optional instructor-led open lab.
- BSTEC 109 - Word
- BSTEC 224 - Excel
- BSTEC 211 - PowerPoint
- BSTEC 222 - Access
Administrative Certificates and Degrees with certification opportunities
Additional Certification Opportunities
In addition to the MOS exams, we offer certification exams for the following exam suites:
- Microsoft Certified Fundamentals (MCF)
- Microsoft Information Technology Specialist (IT)
- Adobe Certified Professional
- Intuit (including Quickbooks)
Register for the 1-credit BSTEC 207 Certification Exams class located in the Business Information Technology (BSTEC) section of the class schedule.
The class has no required assignments or attendance requirements – it is a way for Edmonds College to provide FREE exam vouchers to those who enroll. We also offer complimentary access codes to the GMetrix practice software.