For the health and safety of our community, the college is serving students and the community remotely through June 25, pending further announcements.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check back for updates about services available online, by email, or phone. Winter quarter resources are available at edcc.edu/spring2021. All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus.
Geology is a broad scientific discipline that studies all aspects of the planet: its history, its composition and internal structure, and its surface features. Geologists seek answers to many basic questions about our world:
- What material is the planet composed of?
- Why are the continents shaped the way they are?
- How did the Himalaya and Alps rise to their great heights?
- Why are volcanoes located where they are?
- Why are some regions devastated by earthquakes but others are not?
- How did Earth's environment change and evolve over billions of years?
Geologists can find work in a wide range of industries and scientific fields, and, in effect, serve as Earth's historians.