Rainier Place Residence Hall
This four-story residence hall opened in 2009, has room for 180 students, and is just north of the college's main entrance. It is for Edmonds College and CWU students ages 16 and older who want to live in a community focused on student living.
360 Building Tour
Click below to see a 360 tour of Rainier Place.
Residence Hall Features
- 37 four-bedroom units
- 9 two-bedroom units
- 9 studio units (a studio is an apartment that has one main room used for the kitchen, living room, and bedroom)
- ADA accessible units (1 full unit, 4 partial units)
- Study space on 3rd floor
- Pool table, ping pong table, DVD player, and large-screen TV available in the first-floor common room
- Resident Assistants (RAs) on every floor
- Community room on the first floor
- Limited wireless internet access
- Alcohol and drug-free environment (including medical and recreational marijuana)
The pricing shown for each apartment type is based on a four-quarter lease term. Three quarter lease terms are available with an additional $100/quarter premium fee.
Rent is paid on a quarterly schedule. All prices listed are per person.
- Application fee: $275 (it is non-refundable unless we do not provide space)
- Airport pick-up fee: $100 for all airport pick-up dates.
- Non-Refundable Cleaning Fee:$200 (once during move-in)
- Refundable Damage Deposit:$200 (once during move-in)
- Activity Fee: $25 (once each quarter)
For more information on Rainier Place, visit www.rainierplace.com
Benefits of Living on Campus
- A safer and cleaner living environment
- Free parking
- Close to college resources (i.e. library, gym, Center for Student Engagement & Leadership)
- Fully furnished apartment
- Private bedrooms
- Live with a friend or meet new people from around the world
- Quiet hours - 10 p.m.-10 a.m. Sun.-Thurs.; midnight-10 a.m. Fri./Sat.
- Guest policy - no more than three consecutive overnights per guest
- Do not let strangers into the building (they must have a fob/key and enter on their own)
- Alcohol and drug-free building — no alcohol or drugs are allowed for any students in the building
- No smoking in apartments. We have designated smoking areas outside.
- Students should keep their apartments clean (cleaning daily and/or weekly on their own)
- No pets of any kind are allowed
- The college may remove a student, with only 24 hours notice, if they do not follow these policies
- Who enforces the policies? Check out our Resident Assistants
- See the Residence Hall Handbook for all policies as presented at an orientation .
Questions about Housing?
A staff member within the department would be happy to talk with you.