Test Preparation resources for Students
Testing can be stressful for some students, but there are ways to minimize the stress and improve your test scores. Proper test preparation is an easy way to achieve both. Standardized tests, like the ones you'll take in our Testing and Assessment Services, follow a specific structure and assess a standard set of concepts. Test prep is effective because you'll experience an accurate representation of what is on the actual exam. Test prep also allows you to become familiar with the format, timing, and content before taking the actual exam.
When you know what to expect and how to pace yourself, you're more likely to be relaxed and comfortable, which typically leads to better scores than if you're full of anxiety and stress.
Better scores can lead to less time in classes and a quicker path to your academic and career goals.
Below are links to resources with practice questions and sample tests. Please take some time to review the material before sitting down to test.
- Next Gen Accuplacer Reading Sample Questions
- Next Gen Accuplacer Writing Sample Questions
- LOEP Prep (see ESL sections in the Accuplacer Sample Questions)
- WritePlacer Guide
- The Official Accuplacer iPhone App
- WAMAP Placement Review
- EdReady Free Math Placement Prep Program
- Mathispower4u - Tutorials by James Sousa
- Khan Academy