Prior Learning Assessment for veterans
All new student veterans, active duty personnel, and family members must complete the new student process prior to registering for classes at Edmonds College. Some parts can take time to complete, so it is best to start early.
Official credit evaluation
- Request an official transcript evaluation online via the Edmonds College GATE system
- Send Edmonds College official transcripts from all prior colleges and the military
- USA, USMC, USN, and USCG transcripts can be ordered via the Joint Services Transcript System
- USAF transcripts are available online via the Community College of the Air Force
- Some Edmonds College programs may be eligible for a prior learning assessment
Dependents/Spouses (VA Chapter 35 / 100% Tuition Waiver)
- In addition to the paperwork listed above, provide the documents below
- 100% VA disability letter
- Marriage certificate
- Birth certificate of dependent
- Service member’s death certificate (if applicable)
For questions about VA education benefits, you may contact the VA Certifying Official directly at any time. Check out the benefits and resources page for additional information about veterans programs and services. For other questions, contact Veteran's Resource Center staff directly.