Graduation Application Process
Congratulations! You’ve worked hard, and it’s almost time to celebrate your accomplishment! In addition to completing your courses, you must apply for graduation as soon as you have registered for your final classes for your degree or certificate. If you are graduating summer quarter, you can apply for graduation spring quarter if you wish to attend commencement.
Important! The Graduation Application function in ctcLink is not yet live! Please follow the steps below to ensure your application is processed properly. Thank you for your patience as we continue to bring our system up to speed!
Graduation Application Steps
- Apply for graduation online by submitting a Graduation Application form using the GATE credential evaluation system using your pre-ctcLink student ID number (also known as an SID or Legacy SID). Apply for Graduation
- You should apply when you have registered for your final courses to complete your degree or certificate.
- Graduation applications completed by the tenth day of the quarter (eighth day of summer quarter) will meet the priority application deadline.
- It is strongly recommended that you see an academic or faculty advisor prior to applying for graduation.
- Not sure if you have an SID? Reach out to our colleagues in Enrollment Services to
Graduating Spring 2021 but don’t have an SID? Please reach out to us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Name (as it appears in ctcLink)
- ctcLink ID number
- Your name as you wish it to appear on your diploma or certificate
- The degree/certificate you are completing
- Your program requirement sheet year (especially if it is different than current requirements)
- Your advisor’s name and department, if you are working with one
Traditionally, degrees and certificates are posted to transcripts at least six to eight weeks after final grades are officially posted at the end of a quarter. Unique situations (individual cases, remote campus operations, system updates, etc.) do add delays, however. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
After degrees and certificates are processed and awarded (i.e., they appear on your Edmonds College transcript), the Credentials & Evaluation Team will alert students through official channels like EdMail (college-based student email) the days diplomas may be picked-up. If pick-up is unavailable, diplomas and certificates will be mailed to the address we have on file.
Certificate of Completion (COC)
Certificates of Completion (COCs) are professional technical programs of less than 20 credits. The courses are targeted to help students gain skills in a specific area. In addition, some COCs can be applied to certificates (programs of 20 or more credits) or degrees. If interested in a COC, please inquire at your instructional department or academic advising. See a list of current COCs.
COCs are not eligible for financial aid; however, some COCs may be eligible for veteran’s benefits (reach out to the Veterans Resource Center for more information). At this time, COCs are not eligible for eDiploma formatting.
- Apply for your COC online using the GATE credential evaluation system after you have completed the required courses using your SID number.
- Completing a COC in Spring 2021 but don’t have an SID? Follow the steps listed for Non-SID Graduates in the above section!
What's the difference between graduation and commencement?
Graduation is the process you go through to have your degree posted to your transcript. Graduations are processed at the end of each quarter after final grades are posted. Commencement is the annual ceremony (held in June) where we honor your academic accomplishments!
If you are completing Edmonds College degrees and/or certificates – excluding certificates of completion (COCs) – you may participate in the commencement ceremony. If you will complete a degree or certificate during the summer quarter, you can participate in the commencement ceremony prior to your graduation, as well. To do so, apply for graduation during spring quarter.
Note: If you miss the spring quarter priority application deadline, it is possible your name may not be included in the commencement program.
Visit the commencement page for more information about the ceremony.