Graduation Application Process
Congratulations! You’ve worked hard, and it’s almost time to celebrate your accomplishment! In addition to completing your courses, you must apply for graduation as soon as you have registered for your final classes for your degree or certificate.
Important! Commencement is different from Graduation!
The Graduation Application and process are separate from Commencement and its registration. Your graduation application does not need to be complete in order to attend the Commencement ceremony. Please see the Commencement page and our Graduation FAQs for more details.
Note: If you are graduating summer quarter, you can apply for graduation spring quarter if you wish to attend the Commencement ceremony for that year.
ctcLink’s Academic Progress and ‘Apply for Graduation’ features
At this time, the Academic Progress tile on the ctcLink Student Homepage may not display accurate information. Our team is researching how to update this tool to better serve our students, but we do not have an ETA as to when that will be done.
Likewise, the ‘Apply for Graduation’ feature in ctcLink is not ready for use. Please see the sections below for how to apply for graduation!
As we grow alongside ctcLink, these processes may change. Please check back here for updates!
Did you attend or admit to Edmonds College prior to February 2021? Then you likely have an ID in addition to your student ctcLink ID#. This is known as a Legacy SID, and it allows students to access our GATE credential evaluation system.
If you became a student at Edmonds College during or after February 2021, you likely only have a ctcLink ID# .Scroll down to the next section to see the evaluation process for you!
Recalling your Legacy SID
The Legacy SID is a nine digit number, typically starting with 955, 956, 804, or other similar numbers. You can check with Enrollment Services to see if you have a Legacy SID number.
Note: Our department does not provide new Legacy SID numbers.
Submit a Graduation Application in GATE
- Using your Legacy SID and PIN, log into the On-line Graduation Application & Transcript Evaluation (GATE) system.
- Click the “Select” button next to Apply for Graduation.
- Click the “Select” button that matches up with your type of degree or certificate.
- Clearly fill out the fields for:
- Any former or other names that would appear on your records,
- The name as you wish it to appear on your diploma or certificate,
- The program you are completing at Edmonds College,
- The names of any external college(s) you may have received transfer credit from,
- Note: If you wish to transfer credit, please make sure to follow the Transcript Evaluation Process!
- In the Student Comments field, please provide your Academic Advisor or Faculty Advisor’s name,
- In the Student Comments field, write in your ctcLink ID#, and
- In the Student Comments field, provide any other relevant information that will help us with your evaluation (e.g., the transcripts are hard copies being mailed).
NOTE: At this time, the name and address information at the top of the request cannot be updated. We use the email and physical address listed in your ctcLink account, so be sure those are updated!
Did you start your journey at Edmonds College during or after February 2021? See below for the graduation process for you!
- Create a new email from the email account listed in your ctcLink account.
- Give the email the subject title “ctcLink Graduation Request ###”, with the ### being your ctcLink ID#.
- List the following information in the email:
- Name (as it appears in ctcLink)
- Your name as you wish it to appear on your diploma or certificate
- ctcLink ID number
- Your date of birth (for record verification)
- Any former name(s) or names that may appear on other transcripts
- The degree/certificate you are completing
- Your program requirement sheet year (especially if it is different than current requirements)
- Your advisor’s name and department, if you are working with one
- If you received transfer credit from outside of Edmonds College, please list the full
names of the academic institutions (colleges, universities, accredited agencies, etc.)
Note: If you wish to transfer credit, please make sure to follow the Transcript Evaluation Process!
Certificate of Completion (COC)
Certificates of Completion (COCs) are professional technical programs of less than 20 credits. The courses are targeted to help students gain skills in a specific area. In addition, some COCs can be applied to certificates (programs of 20 or more credits) or degrees. If interested in a COC, please inquire at your instructional department or academic advising. See a list of current COCs.
COCs are not eligible for financial aid; however, some COCs may be eligible for veteran’s benefits (reach out to the Veterans Resource Center for more information). At this time, COCs are not eligible for eDiploma formatting.
Applying for your COC follows the same steps as graduation for a degree or certificate. Check out the sections above for those steps!
Helpful Graduation Information
If you miss the Spring Quarter priority graduation application deadline, it is possible your name may not be included in the commencement program. You can find that date information on the Academic Calendar.
Traditionally, degrees and certificates are posted to transcripts at least six to eight weeks after final grades are officially posted at the end of a quarter. Unique situations (individual cases, remote campus operations, system updates, etc.) may add delays, however. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
After degrees and certificates are awarded, our team will send out eDiplomas to the email address listed in your ctcLink. Following that (and depending on campus operations), the Credentials & Evaluation Team will alert students through official channels the days that diplomas may be picked-up. If pick-up is unavailable, such as during remote operations, diplomas and certificates will be mailed to the address listed in ctcLink.
You can find more information about diplomas and certificates in our Diplomas FAQs!