Edmonds College Logo
Posted July 8 - Serving and supporting students and the community remotely. Please do not come to campus unless you have an in-person class or a child at the Center for Families.
EdMail accounts will be retired on Aug. 31. Click here to learn more and next steps.
COVID-19 updates | Summer 2021 Back to School Guide | Tips for learning online | Center for Families and Housing are open!
Housing and Residence Life

Residence Halls

Rainier PlaceTriton Court


Apply Now  -  Application Eligibility/Criteria  -  Application/Placement Process

How to Make Payments  -  Important Dates  -  Living in Our Residence Halls - Staff, Faculty, and Family Housing

What are the Policies?  -  Value of Living On Campus  -  Recommended Vaccinations 

Living in our Residence Hall

  • Offers a safe and clean living environment
  • Helps provide a strong community living experience
  • Provides co-curricular experiences to augment student learning
  • Challenges students in the areas of personal wellness, integrity, and global citizenship
  • Educates students on intercultural communication and understanding

What are the Policies?

  • Quiet hours - 10 p.m.-10 a.m. Sunday-Thursday; 12 a.m.-10 a.m. Friday-Saturday
  • Guest policy - no more than three consecutive overnights per quarter, per guest
  • No letting strangers into the building (they must have a fob/key or be accompanied by a resident)
  • No alcohol, drugs (including legal marijuana) are allowed
  • No smoking in apartments
  • Students should keep their apartments clean (cleaning daily and weekly on their own)
  • No pets

The college may remove a student, with only 24 hours notice, if they do not follow these policies.

See the Residence Hall Handbook for all policies as presented at orientation.

ADA Room Assignments

On-campus residence hall accommodations are available for students with disabilities in Rainier Place. We place students in Rainier Place since it is on campus. Adapted housing space is limited and spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis when the completed application and deposits are received. It is the responsibility of the student to register with the Students with Disabilities Office (SSD) if special accommodations are needed when applying for housing. The student is encouraged to apply early and to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office of special needs when the application for housing is made. The Housing and Residence Life Office will respond to requests for appropriate and reasonable housing accommodations in a timely manner.

Service Animals

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Amendments Act, service animal means any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability.

For Residence Halls, we do need to ask you for paperwork and information about your service animal and the disability need. Please see Guidelines for Assistance Animals in the Residence Halls.

Recommended Reading

Read The Naked Roommate book and check out www.nakedroommate.com for insight and tips about your new journey.

We are a member of:

* ACUHO-I Association of Colleges and Universities Housing Officers-International
* AWISA Association of Washington International Student Affairs

Value of Living On Campus

Did you know? Students who live in campus residence halls:

  • are more likely to remain in college, more likely to graduate on time, and more likely to continue on in graduate and professional schools;
  • are more involved in campus activities - they learn to work with others, manage budgets, and follow through with projects;
  • find their college experience to be more comfortable, more academic, more supportive, and more enjoyable; and
  • build strong friendships and experience more cultural diversity.

For more information, read the research by Alexander Austin (1973b). The impact of living on students. Educational Record, 54, 204-210 and Four critical years: Effects of college on beliefs, attitudes, and knowledge. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. (1977.) and the book "The Resident Assistant, Applications and Strategies for Working with College Students in Residence Halls" (2003) by Gregory Blimling.

Notice to Students: Recommended Vaccinations

Meningococcal Vaccine Use in College

Students The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and Washington State Department of Health (DOH) Vaccine Advisory Committee recommend that all students entering college and living in congregate settings (including dorms, fraternities and sororities), should receive the meningococcal vaccine. The Grant County Health District follows the general recommendations of the ACIP under advisement from the Washington State Vaccine Advisory Committee. College students, particularly those that live in dorms, have a modestly increased risk of getting the disease. About 100 cases occur on college campuses in the U.S. each year, with five to fifteen deaths. A meningococcal vaccine protects against four of the five most common types of the disease, which can result in serious or life-threatening illness. Vaccine protection lasts three to five years and can prevent 50-70% of cases on college campuses. Those students who will be attending college and residing in congregate settings should talk with a health care professional about obtaining the meningococcal vaccine prior to college entry. The Health District also keeps a limited number of doses of meningococcal vaccine on hand; its use is prioritized for use in those at highest risk. Currently, the Health District vaccine in available to students in the above category.

Also, it is recommended that all students have had the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) series, a Tetanus booster in the last 10 years, and the Hepatitis B series.