Edmonds College Logo

what permits are required?

The following information is provided for reference only.

Students should contact their local Health Departments for details in obtaining a (1) Food Workers card and (2) MAST (Mandatory Alcohol Server Training) permit.

Please note that all cards are issued through Washington State Health Departments, not Edmonds College.

  • Food Workers card – $15.00 (as of 1/2020), valid for 2-years.  
  • MAST permit - online programs range from $10 to $30, valid for 5-years.

For more information, contact your Department of Public Health:

King County Department of Public Health
King County Administration Building
500 4th Ave. Room 214
Seattle WA 98104-2614
Hours: 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Mon.-Fri.

Snohomish County Health District
3020 Rucker Ave. Room 102
Everett WA 98201-3971
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.

Island County Health District
6th and Main
Coupeville, WA 98239
Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri.