Edmonds College Logo

Out-of-State Students

Edmonds College is happy to accommodate distance learners from out-of-state but different policies guide us. The U.S. Department of Education regulation 600.9(c) State Authorization [PDF] (effective 7/1/2011) requires that all institutions of higher education comply with existing laws in other states and/or commonwealths regarding distance learning. As these regulations continuously evolve, Edmonds College is making every effort to maintain compliance where feasible.

In addition to complying with the Department of Education, Edmonds College is proud to be a member of NC-SARA, the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements. As a member of NC-SARA, Edmonds College can accept students residing in other states and commonwealths with membership in NC-SARA.

Restrictions Pertaining to Out-of-State Students only

Out-of-state students may not register in the following degree programs:

  • Family Support Studies AA - transfer to WSU

Students residing in a state outside of Washington and enrolled in a degree program which requires a practicum, internship, externship, or other outside work experience to complete the degree or complete a degree which leads to Licensure in their home state, may not be able to take those courses or receive credit for that portion of the degree in their home state.

If you have any questions please contact:
Instructional Technology Support

Lynnwood Hall Rm 208
425.640.1805 | itsupport.edmonds.edu

Please check this page periodically as Edmonds College continues to update its compliance status with federal and state authorization guidelines.

We apologize for any inconvenience and wish you success in your academic endeavors.