Edmonds College Logo

Residence Halls Frequently Asked Questions 

How do I apply?

You will need to submit your online Housing application to us and pay for the application fee. Then we will work on your placement 1-2 months before the start of the quarter. 

Apply Now

What are the eligibility requirements for living at the Residence Hall?

To qualify for residency in the Residence Hall, you must:

  • Live in your apartment throughout the term of the lease.
  • Be a registered student with Edmonds College or Central Washington University on the Edmonds College campus
  • Be enrolled in three of four quarters or more with a minimum of 12 credits per quarter OR registered as a student in a program approved by Edmonds College.

Why should I rent at the Residence Hall instead of sharing an apartment off-campus?

The benefit of living in a residence hall is that you will be the only one responsible for your lease. Suppose one or more of your roommates vacates the apartment. In that case, the residence hall manager will find new roommates, and you are not held responsible, unlike with non-college housing. Another benefit of living in a Residence Hall is that rent includes all utilities, parking, RA support, furniture, events, and lounge use. Internet, cable TV, and local phone service are also available in the game room. These would be additional costs when renting on your own..

How will I be placed in a specific apartment?

When you fill out your application, you will answer questions regarding your preferences and specific information that will help us match you with other residents. Roommate requests will be honored whenever possible. However, these requests must be mutual, and all residents should note their preferred roommates on their applications.

What if my roommate moves out?

You won’t have to search for roommates. The Housing Director will fill the empty room with a new resident. If there is someone from another apartment that you would like to have move in with you, you both can talk to the Housing Director.

Are there quiet hours?

Our quiet hours are from 10 p.m.-10 a.m., Sunday-Thursday, and midnight-10 a.m. Friday and Saturday. We also ask that residents be respectful of one another at all times by avoiding being excessively noisy. 

Can I use my financial aid to pay my rent?

Yes, once your tuition has been paid, any remaining grant or loan money will pay directly to Housing.  The remaining aid will be given directly to the student. Any financial aid grant or loan requests should be made at least a quarter before the funds are needed. You may contact the financial aid office for specific information concerning your student loans.

What do I need to bring or purchase for my Residence Hall room/apartment?

  • Bedding (sheets, pillows, blankets, etc.) 
  • Bath towels
  • Washcloths
  • Shower curtain (a modest one is supplied in each apartment, but you may want your own)
  • Bath mat
  • Bath robe
  • Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.)
  • Trash can
  • Cooking and eating supplies (pots, pans, dishes, cups, etc.)
  • Dish rack
  • Dish soap
  • Toaster/coffee maker
  • Sponges/dish towels
  • Ice trays
  • Television/VCR/DVD
  • Rug/doormat
  • Alarm clock
  • Clothes hangers
  • Desk lamp
  • Decorations
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Laundry supplies