Washington State Placement Reciprocity
Edmonds College now honors course placement from local skills assessment as well as course placement from pre-college math and English courses taken at any Washington State Community and Technical Colleges (CTC) within a year.
For all entering students at any Washington community and technical college, system policy provides that:
- A student who qualifies for a specific level of pre-college math, English, or reading, either through course completion or local skills assessment, will have that course placement level honored at another Washington CTC if the student so requests, even if the courses may not be exact equivalents.
- A student who qualifies for entry into college-level math, English, or reading, either through course completion or local skills assessment, will be considered to have met the entry college-level standard at every community and technical college.
- Students requesting reciprocity must initiate the process within one year of their initial placement assessment.
If you are seeking placement via the WA State Placement Reciprocity Agreement, please get in touch with Testing and Assessment Services:
- In-Person: Mountlake Terrace Hall, room 152. Students must bring a photo ID and unofficial copies of test results or transcripts to Testing and Assessment Services.
- Email: Send a copy of your ID and copies of your unofficial transcripts or test results to email@example.com