Rather than taking a placement test to determine placement for English and math courses and determining pre-requisites for other courses, students may choose to use an approved Alternative Assessment method. This can be done through a variety of options outlined below.
- Next-Gen ACCUPLACER (for English Placement)
- Edmonds College Math Placement Test (for Math Placement)
- Advanced Placement (AP) Test Scores
- High School Transcripts (in limited situations)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Test Scores
- SAT/PSAT Test Scores
- Smarter Balanced Test Scores
- Transcripts from other institutions
- Washington State CTC Placement Reciprocity
- In-Person: Students are required to bring a photo ID and unofficial copies of test results or transcripts to Testing and Assessment Services at Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 152.
- Email: Scan to PDF a copy of your photo ID and unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include your ctcLink ID number.
If you wish to use credits from another college or the Advanced Placement (AP)/International Baccalaureate (IB) tests toward your program, you will need to submit official transcripts and scores, and apply for an evaluation under Transcript Evaluation.