Edmonds College Logo

Using Transcripts from Other Institutions FOR ALTERNATIVE ASSESSMENT

If you are transferring to Edmonds from another college or university, your previous courses may be used for credit as well as an alternative assessment method for class placement. In order to be used for testing exemption, courses must be transferable and you must have earned a C grade (2.0) or higher in the class. The following conditions will exempt a student from testing, but may not provide clearance for enrollment into specific English, math, and reading classes. 

Using Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts (or copies) are acceptable as long as they include:

  • Your full legal name
  • Edmonds College ctcLink number
  • The name of the school you attended
  • Your grades and GPA

We will not accept a cut-and-pasted version. Print the transcript directly from your school’s website rather than cutting and pasting it into a Word document.

Please note:

  • We will need a transcript from each school you attended.
  • Transcripts submitted via third parties (such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse) will not be automatically given placement.
  • A bachelor's degree will confer placement into Math&107, regardless of when the degree was completed. 

Submitting Transcripts

  • In-Person: Students are required to bring a photo ID and unofficial copies of test results or transcripts to Testing and Assessment Services at Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 152.
  • Email: Scan to PDF a copy of your photo ID and unofficial transcripts and send to testingcenter@edmonds.edu. Make sure you include your ctcLink ID number.

Please be aware that this placement is for prerequisite checking only. We are checking primarily for ENGL& 101 and your math level only. 

If your placement does not meet the minimum prerequisites for the course you’d like to take, you will need to contact the division in charge of that course.

If you wish to use credits from another college or the AP/IB tests toward your program, you will need to submit official transcripts and apply for an evaluation online using the GATE credential evaluation system.