Prior to registering for classes, most students need to take an English and math placement test as part of the Admission process.
- Math placement is determined by taking an Edmonds College Math Placement Test OR
- By submitting documentation that exempts you from taking the Edmonds College Math Placement Test.
NOTE DURING COLLEGE CLOSURE: In order to set up your placement test, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and list the following information in your message:
- Your full name
- Your SID number
- The placement test you wish to take.
What to Expect:
- You should prepare to take the Edmonds College Math Placement Test. See our Test Prep Resources page.
- Allow approximately three hours to complete the assessment. The test is not timed.
- You are given your placement scores immediately after you complete the Edmonds College Math Placement Test.
- New students to Edmonds College are then asked to sign up for the mandatory New Student Advising Session.
- You are ready to register for classes after you attend an advising session.
Challenging your Placement
- You may retake the Edmonds College Math Placement Test once per quarter.
- A $25 retest fee applies.
- Please note: after you are initially assessed, if you start taking classes based on your placement, you may not retest as a way to skip classes in a sequence.