Multiple awards are available for each of the three types of scholarships, offered in the form of a tuition waiver:
- New Student College or High School Scholarship ($1,000) OPEN
- College or High School Merit Scholarship ($300) CLOSED
|Quarter||Fall 2021||Winter 2022||Spring 2022|
|New Student Scholarship Opens||Open||Open||Open|
|New Student Scholarship Closes (4 p.m. PST)||August 20||December 2||March 4|
|Current Student Scholarship Opens (8:30 a.m. PST)||September 20||January 3||April 4|
|Current Student Scholarship Due Date (4 p.m. PST)||October 1||January 14||April 15|
|Scholarship Ceremony Date (3 p.m. PST)||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Must be an Edmonds College international student with an F1/F2 visa.
If you are applying as an online student no visa is required.
For New Student College or High School Scholarship, applicants must be a first-time Edmonds College student starting in the College or High School program full time. Applicants must submit their unofficial transcript in English from the last school attended showing at least one term of grades with a minimum 3.3 GPA. We do not accept test scores (ex. IGSCE, TOEFL). If you are applying as an online student no visa is required.
For College or High School Merit Scholarship, applicants must be currently enrolled in only college or high school courses. Applicants must submit their Edmonds College unofficial transcript showing their last quarter grades with a minimum 3.5 GPA and a current copy of their class registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credits. All documents must show the student’s name and SID number for eligibility.
Must submit all required application documents by 4 p.m. PST on the due date.
Failure to meet any of these eligibility requirements will result in a denied application.
How to Apply
- Before applying, please read the Eligibility Requirements and Important Dates above.
- There are two types of scholarship application forms. Please ONLY FILL OUT the scholarship
that applies to you.
- OPEN New Student College or High School Scholarship Application
- CLOSED Current Student Merit Scholarship Application
- Fill out the scholarship application and upload a copy of your current schedule and transcript.
All transcripts and schedules must be in English and include the applicant's name and student ID number. Failure to meet these requirements and follow directions will result in a denied application.
- All OIP Scholarships are awarded as tuition waivers.
- Applicants currently in their last quarter at Edmonds College (for example, graduating or transferring to another school) are not eligible for any OIP Scholarship.
- Applicants who received an OIP Scholarship in the previous quarter (Ex. Spring 2019) are not eligible to receive a scholarship this quarter (Ex. Fall 2019).
Each year, the college Foundation provides scholarships and emergency grants for many students. Scholarship criteria vary; some are for specific areas of study or for those with specific backgrounds or needs.
- Awards range from $1,000-4,500
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher and must plan to attend Edmonds College in the upcoming academic year.
- Apply here: https://edmonds.awardspring.com/ (You must make an account.)
- Questions and Guidelines
Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. All required materials must be included in an application packet. Students qualify for and may receive funds from multiple scholarships, but only need to submit one application.
Complete the Dream Scholarship
Students may only apply for the Foundation’s Complete the Dream Scholarship during their last or graduation quarter. You must also have experienced a significant financial, medical, or family loss that has required you to drop your classes and therefore not graduate. The Complete the Dream Scholarship funds are available to help students through tough times and enable them to graduate despite a personal crisis.
Past OIP Scholarship Recipients