MANDATORY Medical Insurance
All Edmonds College students with F-1 student visa status are required to purchase the school medical insurance plan, managed by LewerMark Student Insurance. If you are in the U.S. on a vacation quarter, you are still required to purchase student medical insurance.
Visit our costs page for the current medical insurance rate.
Edmonds College cannot waive the requirement for any student with F-1 status. The only exceptions are:
- Government Sponsored Students (e.g. Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission, Swedish Board of Student Finance, etc.)
- Concurrently enrolled students with an I-20 from another school.
If you have questions about the insurance plan, please visit the OIP office, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 425.640.1518.
- Search for a doctor
- Download the plan summary or brochure
- Options for your spouse or children
- Options for dental and vision coverage
- Clinics and Hospitals near Edmonds College
Counseling Service: My SSP
Attending school in the U.S. is a life-changing experience. We understand it also comes with its challenges. Through your student insurance, you have 24/7, free, and confidential access to a counselor. Counselors speak your language, understand your culture, and can help with every issue, including: relationships, adapting to a new culture, school, stress, loneliness, addiction, and mental health.
How to talk with a counselor and get support:
- Download the My SSP App from either the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Call 1.866.743.7732
- Chat with a counselor online.
- Browse resources on the My SSP website.
Mental Health Articles and Videos
These are created by the International Student Program of mySSP. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.