International student admissions: apply
Why apply to Edmonds College?
- A high school diploma is not required for admissions. However, if you would like to earn one you can enroll in our High School Completion Program and start earning credits towards university while earning your high school diploma.
- The minimum age requirement is 16 years of age or showing completion of high school. If you studied at a vocational high school we can help you transfer to a university in the Seattle area!
- Applicants who provide an accepted English proficiency score will be placed directly into our college or high school program. All English Proficiency scores will be verified. Fraudulent documents will be rejected and admission denied.
- Don't let low grades stop you from achieving your dream. Edmonds College has an incredible student support system to help you improve your academic record and enter a university in the USA and in the Seattle area.
Each new international student studying 12 or more High School or College credits full time on campus or online will receive a $500 tuition reduction for a maximum of 2 quarters from now until Spring 2024. This amounts to a tuition savings of $1,000 to students!
Note for non-international students
English classes for US Citizens, green card holders, undocumented, asylum seeker, refugees, go to the English Language Acquisition (ELA) Advising Office
Las clases de inglés son para ciudadanos Estadounidenses, personas que posean la tarjeta verde de residencia, indocumentados, solicitantes de asilo y refugiados, ir a este enlace Oficina de Consejería Académica de Adquisición del Idioma Inglés - English Language Acquisition (ELA)
- Please allow 10 business days for your application to be processed.
- Due to current immigration regulations, students may not enter the U.S. to take online classes only.
- We do not offer an Intensive ESL program. We are only issuing I-20s to students with an accepted English proficiency score. If you don't have an accepted English proficiency score, you can take the English placement test to prove your English proficiency after you apply.
We offer in-person and online services by appointment.
Office Hours for Fall 2022
Day of Week In Office Hours Walk-In Hours Virtual Hours Monday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m 10-11 a.m. | 3-4 p.m. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m 3-4 p.m. 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m 2:30-4 p.m. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m 10-11 a.m. | 3-4 p.m. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m 10-11 a.m. | 3-4 p.m. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Follow the Steps to Complete Your Application
Once you receive your Application ID Number and PIN, you can log in and begin your online application. You will also receive your ctcLink number. In the application, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Personal Information
- Program Information
- Application Fee Payment
- Statement of Financial Responsibility
Using your ctcLink ID follow the steps to activate your ctcLink account.
- Go to the ctcLink Loginpage
- Click on Activate Your Account
- Follow the instructions by entering your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and
ID number. Under 'ID Type', select 'ctcLink ID'.
- Note: Current Winter 2021 students and returning students with an SID number:You may change the 'ID Type' to 'SID (old)', and enter your SID number.
- Alternatively, you may look up your new ctcLink ID using the Student ID Lookup Tool
- Once all of your information has been entered, click on Submit. If you run into an error, verify the accuracy of the name, date of birth, and ID you entered.
- You will now be prompted to set up your account. Enter your email, and complete the
security question/answer information.
- Note: enter a personal email address that you have reliable access to. College communications including registration, financial aid, etc. will be directed to this address
- You’ll need your security answer to reset your password, please remember them!
- Tech Support CANNOT recover questions or answers for you
- Create a password that has:
- At least 8 characters
- 1 UPPERCASE letter
- 1 lowercase letter
- 1 number (0, 1, 2, 3…)
- Re-enter the password below to confirm.
- Click on Submit when you are done
- Your account will be activated right away.
- Be sure to take note of your ctcLink ID
Pay the $50 application fee on ctcLink and then upload a copy of the receipt to your application.
How to Pay:
Click through the presentation below and follow the steps.
Request the English Placement Test if applicable. If you have an accepted English Proficiency score, please see the next step.
Examity is an English Placement test taken online prior to your admission to Edmonds College. This is a free test offered to you! We are partnering with our Testing and Assessment Services to offer virtual English and Math testing for accepted international students.
Steps to Take Examity:
- Submit an online application first. You will be given a ctcLink ID number which you will need to take the test.
- Go to the Virtual Testing page to read about the ”Examity System Requirements”
- Once you are ready, send an email (see example below) to request a test. Students (not parents/agents) must email to email@example.com directly.
- You will receive a test voucher and can schedule your test date immediately. The voucher will have an expiration date. If you can’t take the test before your voucher expires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your test voucher. Once we issue the voucher, if you don't use or cancel it, there will be a $25 fee.
- Keep in mind that English test results may take up to 3 business days if you are required to write an essay.
- When you are done with your test, please email email@example.com
Example email to Testing and Assessment Services
Subject: Request for Examity [FULL NAME, ctcLink ID]
Hello Edmonds College Testing and Assessment Services,
I applied to Edmonds College and I want to take an English (LOEP) test via Examity. My full name is _________________. Edmonds College ctcLink ID #: _______________. Date of birth (month / day / year): _____________. My email address is: _______________. Please see the attached copy of my passport. Thank you! Sign Your Name.
When you are done with the test, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete your online application, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Copy of an accepted English proficiency score. If you don't have an accepted English proficiency score, you can take a free English placement test (see details above)
- Copy of your current passport photo page
- Copy of a current official bank statement with a minimum balance of $21,098.50 USD (add an additional $4,500 USD per dependent, if applicable)
- Copies of official high school transcripts (high school program students only) in English for every year of high school completed, including ninth grade or the final year of junior high (middle) school
- Copies of visa, I-20, I-94, and transcripts (transfer-in students only)
- Copy of passport photo page for each dependent and completed Dependent Form (if applicable)
- Completed Waiver of Liability and Consent of Medical Information (if applicable)
- Completed Agency Sponsorship Form (if applicable)
Apply now for the New Student College or High School $1,000 Scholarship here.
Applicants must be a first-time Edmonds College student. Applicants must submit their unofficial transcript in English from the last school attended showing at least one term of grades with a minimum 3.3 GPA.
After You Complete the International Student Online Application
After you submit your application, you will receive immediate confirmation by email that it was received. Within one business day, our international student admissions team will contact you regarding your application status. If you need any assistance, please contact our International Admissions Center at email@example.com or 425.640.1518. We look forwarding to welcoming you to Edmonds College!