how to apply for financial aid
Edmonds College Title IV School code for FAFSA is 005001.
The school code and the FSA ID do not apply to WASFA.
Create an FSA ID Above FAFSA Overview Mobile App
- Complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa or WASFA if you are a Dreamer at www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
- Select the right application year - 2022-23 for summer 2022 through spring of 2023
- FAFSA is a federal application. It is processed by Federal Student Aid and then sent electronically to our office 3-5 business days after you sign and submit it.
- Look for an email from the federal (FAFSA) processor confirming submission of the FAFSA. The letter is NOT your award notification, it is just letting you know your FAFSA has been sent to the schools you chose. You DO NOT need to send us documentation that you did your FAFSA. We electronically pull it in.
- We upload FAFSA's from the federal processor twice each week.
Update email Make sure to update your preferred email and check it regularly.
- After we upload your FAFSA (or WASFA), look for an email from us letting you know to log in to the Financial Aid ctcLink Portal. We will load the TASKS TILE with To-Do items, such as forms, documents, or processes that are needed to complete your file. If you plan on taking less than 12 credits, complete an Online Support Request 7-10 days before the quarter starts, to avoid delays in receiving your aid.
- Make sure your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is in ctcLink and that your program of study is declared. We cannot award those who coded in ctcLink as Transitional Studies, Unknown, Undecided, or degrees ending in PRQ or certificates ending in C01. Contact Enrollment Services to update the above items.
- Complete all processes, and submit all forms, documents, and information we ask for in the TASKS Tile, by the deadlines for the quarter you want to start. We will not review your paperwork until you submit and complete all required items. All of our forms and links to processes can be found on our website. Make sure to physically sign Recalculations, Verifications, and 1040 Tax Returns.
Take these steps to receive a Federal Direct Loan (WASFA students are not eligible for loans):
Contact our Financial Aid Office if you have any questions. We are ready to help.