Edmonds College Logo

Running Start for Transfer

How does it work?

Take classes at the college that meet high school requirements, count toward a college degree, and will transfer to a four-year university. As you complete college-level coursework, you are simultaneously earning credits towards an associate degree or a bachelor's degree at a four-year university.

Classes that Transfer

Most of the courses you will take through Running Start to meet a high school graduation requirement will transfer to a university or college. Those courses could be applied toward a bachelor's degree.

Associates Degrees for Transfer

Classes you take through Running Start will likely apply towards an Edmonds College associate degree for transfer. These degrees are designed to meet general education requirements for a bachelor's degree.

The best degree for students who plan to transfer and earn a bachelors degree is the Associate of Arts – Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA). For help understanding the degree requirements or making an academic plan, visit Advising.

How Do I Enroll?

If you are ready to enroll, visit the Running Start Enrollment Page to get started! Contact us at any point in the process if you have questions or need help.